yourmoms ctf map, like it says, still in progress

Previews and comments on future maps.
yourmom
Private First Class
Private First Class

yourmoms ctf map, like it says, still in progress

Post by yourmom »

this is my first map, any suggestions, tips, other?
Attachments
Picture 21.png
Picture 21.png (226.54 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
Picture 22.png
Picture 22.png (294.09 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Owner @ Yourmom
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

You haven't really added much to it. You should heaps of ideas still fresh in your mind.

Do you plan to make the map with jumping included? If so then that opens up the game.

Tell us what you have planned for it and we can expand on them.
yourmom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yourmom »

here is the info

size 300

speed 25

shots 10

jumping

ricochet
Owner @ Yourmom
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Ricochet, on that map? Let's hope you don't add any laser....

But anyway, it's rather bare. Nothing to really get behind/on for cover.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

yourmom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yourmom »

k fine i can remove the ricochet, but does anyone have an idea what to add to it?
Owner @ Yourmom
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

You can add almost anything to that map to make it better. Try pyramids, boxes, teleporters, add obstacles, be creative. People will not play on a map thought of as too simple, but also not one too difficult either. Maps take quite a while to build, put some thought behind it.
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

cool idea. i like the overhead view. the only thing i can see is to make sure that the walls that you have are thick (which it looks like they already are) so people can't "wall jump" or f5. that would be bad ;)

if you are going to have rico and laser then at least put the adlife so that the laser doesn't go that far.

and there is a lot that could and should be added to the map. i wouldn't put teleporters unless they went to a raised platform so people could GM. just remember to put more than one platform so people can also shoot the GM ;)

i had another idea that i wanted to use on one of my maps but never really got around to it. if you have ever played one of my maps especially double decker then you know i am a big fan of rico and doing special things with it. here is my idea. there are different ways to go about it. basically you have to have a way for people to get to a platform that is above the walls. i was thinking about making a drivethrough arc with a small ratio. inside the arc would be 180 degree arcs for platforms to jump up on bringing you to the top. (i suppose you could also just use teleporters but this adds some [as microsoft would say] wow to the map) then at the same level that your tank would be at once you get to the top put a lot of cones with ... say 6 sides (divisions). but you have to spin them upside down. then someone can take laser and you could rico your laser from the top and shoot the people on the floor. you could even calculate it so it hit another divisioned cone or just a pyramid and leveled the laser out again. just make sure the height is the same length as half the base so you get a 45 degree angle on the cone's side therfore a 90 degree rico. depending on how specific you want things rico can get into some really cool trig. haha i know there are some young kids reading this going "ewww" always willing to help with stuff like that. just PM me.

i was also thinking this would be one of those maps that would work good with more than one team flag. put two red flags two blue green and purple flags.

those are just my thoughts, throw them away or use them as you wish!
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Didn't quite understand your idea, Flight :P That's just me, I'm sure others could paint that picture in their minds.

blast wrote:Ricochet, on that map? Let's hope you don't add any laser....
yourmom wrote:k fine i can remove the ricochet
You can have laser and rico, just add some pyras, or no laser at all.

Use some creativity. Add some things, remove some things, it's a good start I say.

My thoughts are that your map would be cool as a sort of Hepcat type of playing style. 4 Teams, no rico/jumping. 2 Kinds of flags for each team as Flight said. Should be interesting, but still obviously add more obstacles.
yourmom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yourmom »

i am just makin a map not the server so whoever chooses to host it can do the 2 flag stuff :D oh yea flight, i am just a beginner so i have no clue what your trying to say no offense

thanks though
Owner @ Yourmom
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

hehe. here are some sreen shots of what i mean. if you happen to like the idea you can PM me the .bzw file and i'll add every thing that is needed and i'll send it back to you. if you don't like it just delete what i wrote. the sreen shot isn't that good but in your map there could be four places in every corner so you can shoot many of those cones.
Attachments
bzfi0130.png
(740.23 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
yourmom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yourmom »

here are the updated photos of my map:
Attachments
Picture 4.png
(252.3 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Picture 5.png
(382.19 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Owner @ Yourmom
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

Just a suggestion: People usually do not like maps with the the server name displayed like that. Other than on Mofo, who are proud of who they are, and Pieinthesky, I would not recommend that. Keep adding stuff, you have a long way to go, but work on strategy. How should the map be played? What would happen if? Could this be possible? Ask yourself these questions. Answer them. Work on the map some more. Brainstorm, plan, think ahead.