All that hype

Previews and comments on future maps.
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

All that hype

Post by Tedius »

I know that there have been wild rumors going around about how there is something truly great being created in the Tedius labs, people have been speculating about the kind of map I must have been working on with my time. People have been saying,
It'll be more fun than "Quidditch, Tanks on Brooms!"
and others,
I'll be cooler than "Road Rage (with moving traffic)", though it doesn't seem possible...
I'd just like to persuade everyone to try to be patient, we are well on track for our September 14th release date. You can't rush a masterpiece, so please, no more emails and phone calls, I can't give you any more information until then.
this signature intentionally left blank
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

we want pictures, we want pictures, give us pictures :D

BZTANK.NET ADMIN - THE PLACE TO BE!!!!
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Lt-Kirby2007 wrote:we want pictures, we want pictures, give us pictures :D
:roll: can u not read?
I'd just like to persuade everyone to try to be patient, we are well on track for our September 14th release date. You can't rush a masterpiece, so please, no more emails and phone calls, I can't give you any more information until then.

Lt: you post is not helping.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

ducktape wrote:

Sarcasm is a beautiful thing, its a shame some can't see it.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

agreed... but seriously- I cant wait to see what Ted has up his sleeve- I think that Ted is one of the better map makers, and that this one will be one to remember.
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Hannibal wrote:
ducktape wrote:

Sarcasm is a beautiful thing, its a shame some can't see it.
It can get annoying tho.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

Tedius
Can you give us a hint? Is it moving tanks with traffic on brooms?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

ducktape wrote:It can get annoying tho.
Just like someone posting nothing but 3-5 word posts, that add nothing to the topic at all.

Tedius:
Usually, when someone posts in the WIP forum, they supply at least one picture, or a map file. I mean, whats the point of posting on a forum if you don't even post any "real" info about the map?
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

Unfortunately some pirates and bad guys have distributed some screenshots of a bootlegged copy of the map. Some of you may have already seen them on those shady file-sharing sites or perhaps your coworkers have emailed the screenshots to you. If you have received the following screenshots, please don't look at them, and delete them immediately.

These outrageous criminals must not be encouraged. Again, don't look at the pictures attached to this message.

Thank you,
Tedius
Attachments
bootleg1.jpg
(8.5 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
bootleg2.jpg
(32.34 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Joe Mama
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe Mama »

It looks really good so far. I'm sure it will turn out great.
The texturing looks good and it just look like a fun map.

EDIT: OOOOO, oops...I didn't read your article before I looked at the pics...oops :oops: Anywho I suppose it will be great. Ya, I guess I should read first next time...Heh.
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

ITS A @$#%$ !#@% !!!!!!!
awesome!!!
looking very good- I cant wait to see it up!!!!
-ALK

1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

oh sweeet mother of all things knwon to christ! that is really good so far! im guessing that by the ramps, stands with the grind rails on (and presumably more grind rails else where) that this is going to be a skate park. If it is, it would be interesting to see just how realistic you can make it 8) tanks could be doing ollies left right and centre :lol-old: good work mate

BZTANK.NET ADMIN - THE PLACE TO BE!!!!
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

We have been working around the clock and now the pre-release alpha version is ready to try at:
tedius.dyndns.org:5161 Skate-Park, by Tedius

I will soon post a map so that those interested can see how I accomplished the ramps and halfpipes.

I am currently running it on NN's bzmaps server so it may get a bit laggy if a lot of people show up. I hope you enjoy.
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

very cool- its a very awesome map, with some little things, like texturing and flags, but it is very good, and very playable. The ramps add a very fun dimension to things and are great addition to the BZ mapping "handbook".
-ALK

ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Played on it a couple days ago. Really neat idea, really good job with eye candy, and mostly accurate with the physics. Great job. I guess this is pretty close to what you can get in making a map like this in bzflag. Love your unique maps.

dw