SirIchBeenCool

Previews and comments on future maps.
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Out on the lacrosse field, taking names and getting phone numbers...

SirIchBeenCool

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Well yet another map! So far this is just the layout of the map. What is unique is the map does not give an equal chance to both teams, usaully like in a real war! This is a kind of "seige" were the people outside have gotten tired of waiting and decided to take action! The red base will be in Quadrant I , kinda in the middle and on a box, like the kings court.. get it?.... The map will be a kind of story when the attackers or "raiders" try to capture the King (flag) and bring him outside. If they dont use teamwork the "Raider" commander (flag) will be captured and the "siege" will be over. Well i am goin to say i need ideas but i was thinking a kind of mideval setting with all the run down peasant houses in the outer-walls and the roalty in the inner-walls. Tell me waht you think because I need ideas to get thjs going.... I have the time to give you screen-shots of the map! YAY! the map file is also included..... Your ideas will be condisided and tried out and i will see if i like them! Your opinions are helpful, so please give them...

-Thanks-
~SirIchBeenCool~

EDIT: Hmmm guess i forgot to puit the name of the map in the topic, it only has my name... Well this map is called "SirIchBeenCool's Castle Raiders!"
Attachments
bzfi0038.jpg
Basic shell of the map...
(695.37 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
bzfi0039.JPG
Multi-level defense towers!
(780.5 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Castle_Raiders!.bzw
The map file (nothing really to see yet...)
(3.51 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Last edited by SirIchBeenCool on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your happiness is not my happiness it is my misery"
~Feuer Frei~--Rammstein--
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
Check out PWN@G3 plus! http://my.bzflag.org/league/index.php?l ... fo&id=1131&
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=11590

And that never caught on either...

One big problem with your explanation of the map is that people don't want a story, they just want to blow people up. Other than that, I can't really say much right now, since the map really is only there to be looked at right now. (suggestion: spend less time on the multi-layered defense towers and more time on the actual map).
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

I agree with f687.

Along with that, I believe that if you want other buildings in the map, try not to make the castle take up so much room, or else the map will become really cramped, and will turn people away from it.
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Ummm....F687 the reason i put the towers in first is because i dint know what else to put in it right then... thats why i put the map here so you guys can give me more ideas....Also the reason i made the "story" is because i thought you would like how i got the idea for my map... well just a thought anyways! and Easy Target it is not cramped.. it barely has anything in it.. :D .. but thanks for letting me remind myself that this map is for playing, not viewing... Thanks Though!

-Thanks and i will get a newer one up maybe tomorrow-
~SirIchBeenCool~
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

I meant, that if you want to add more buildings, make the castle smaller or else it will be cramped lol.
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Yea well i am giving up on this map.. Computer lost the .bzw file... Dont feel like doing it again... had the catpults with "Jumpy tiles" that "boinged" you in the castle....