warzone castlewars by silver surfer!

Previews and comments on future maps.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

warzone castlewars by silver surfer!

Post by silver surfer »

ok... so here's my latest map. It's going to need much more!...But I want you guys to help me chose what I put on the map. things that will be on the map are tunnels, water,(the big blocks in the midle of the map represent where the water will be..) and catapults!... As you know those items include meshes... I'm still working on how to make things with meshes...(so far I've only made a monkey... but that was premade on the program. :mrgreen:) flags are not in yet... I'm not going to put them in until I'm completely finished with the map... and put the map on map releases... If it ever got there... I also plan on making the boxes in the bases look like the boxes on bloodbath, except with color.The portals also aren't directed yet...

Red vs. Blue, Rico, Jumping, ...Will have normal and super flags, ibzedit

Here are some screenies and the map
Attachments
Picture 1.png
(174.38 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Picture 2.png
(256.49 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
warzone.bzw
(24.13 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Last edited by silver surfer on Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagle
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by eagle »

Sounds like its gonna be pretty cool! one way you could make tunnels is with bzedit. just make large blocks the walls of the tunnels and a thin block the size of the map on top as the roof(would be textures as grass)

anyway, good luck!
~~~~~
I do know everything, just not all at once. Its a virtual memory problem.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

what do you mean? have you make tunnels like the ones at LouMans castles, or the tunnels at one of constitutions maps...I don't mean like where the tunnels go but what they look like...
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

I got some more... remember I havn't added any of the plugins or textures... that's last. I added a bit to the bases but not that much it's going to need a lot more
Attachments
warzone.bzw
(26.72 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Picture 4.png
(687.99 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

The first thing I noticed is how very large the map is, and this is not complemented well by the vast amount of open space in the middle area, and the base areas. Also, tanks get stuck when spawning on or driving on the bases. I'm not sure exactly why though. I like the overall design of the map. You just might want to scale everything down a bit. Keep at it.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

thanks... but remember its very empty right now because the special stuff isn't in.. when it's in it won't feel so open