Battlefield CTF

Previews and comments on future maps.
ahs3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Battlefield CTF

Post by ahs3 »

I always wanted to do a CTF map with an open field, or semi-open, just to see how it would play. But as any map with no jumping and rico, the bases need protection but not too much. So I decided to do the best of both worlds, a map with jumping and no jumping on the same map. So give it a try, its up at: ahs3.no-ip.biz:5070

Let me know what you think. Its an experiment in the dynamics of bzflag game play.

Here is some Screenshots:

Hope you enjoy.

:-)

ahs3
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

you know i like it=) I'm there all the time 8)
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

I like it a lot, it is straightforward and gameplay-centric. I hope people play it. It's a clever use of physics, ah3.

I don't think it would hurt to open the sides so that jumpers can play over there if so inclined. Also, I might have passed over it just because of the name. Battlefield CTF sounds a little ordinary, this map deserves a unique name.
this signature intentionally left blank
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Very nice map. I can agree with tedius, the name does seem a bit typical. But I really like the map, great job. Its interesting how from the first screenshot, it looks as though the base is outside the boundaries.
ahs3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ahs3 »

Thanks for the great comments.

I agree that the name should be unique, but could not think of a better name.

I'm open to any suggestions for a name. :D
I don't think it would hurt to open the sides so that jumpers can play over there if so inclined.
I gave that a try early on, but it seemed to be so easy to cap around the sides. But maybe a public test would prove different.

Thanks

-ahs3
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> you know i like it=)

I'm glad you do, because it means that I always have somewhere to go to increase my strength index. ;-)

I like how this map is laid out (very open), and how the flags add to the gameplay well. While I admire your use of physics, I'm not sure how useful it is. My only complaint is that you can run into your own bullet with Agility.