Easy Target's Colosseum

Previews and comments on future maps.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Easy Target's Colosseum

Post by Easy Target »

My newest map.
-FFA
-No bad flags
-Inside a giant arc... Like a Colosseum (where the gladiators fight)
-Need suggestions
-My first FFA
Attachments
bzfi0033.png
(366.54 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
bzfi0034.png
(541.33 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
bzfi0035.png
(251.71 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
colosseumwitharc.bzw
(7.14 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Look good, kinnda empty but sometimes thats ok. If i were you I would make a it a FFA like Rouge FFA. All out war.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

I was thinking of adding a GM tower, if anyone has any ideas PLEASE POST! :wink:
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

It looks like you just tried to copy things from other maps...
But dont forget to get your spawn zones and flag zones right for this map. You dont want pple spawning outside of the circle.
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

It would be a nice server for rico, as that could make a nice dodge trainer (the open space is pretty helpful). It looks pretty good, but the flags may make it a bit unfair for such a fairly small map. Otherwise, that's all!
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

^nightmare^ wrote:It looks like you just tried to copy things from other maps...
But dont forget to get your spawn zones and flag zones right for this map. You dont want pple spawning outside of the circle.
What did I copy?

Ya the spawn zones are set inside the arc
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

Easy Target wrote:
^nightmare^ wrote:It looks like you just tried to copy things from other maps...
What did I copy?

Ya the spawn zones are set inside the arc
The middle is from mofo, the x-looking thing in the corner is from hix, the other side of the map with the 3 boxes (two boxes apart from each other with a box in the middle connecting them with pyramids on top of it) looks like its from badgerking's map and the simple teleporter on top of the box at each end of the map reminds me of mofo...although that idea is fairly simple and doesnt really matter.
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Out on the lacrosse field, taking names and getting phone numbers...

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

I agree, I know you want your maps to be "special" (cannot spell) but the X-thing looks exactly like the ducati/your castle wars middle. Looks great but... its ok (FOR NOW!!) I personally dont like the GM-Tower idea... but ill PM if i get any new ideas for ya.

-Happy Codin'!-
~SirIchBeenCool~
"Your happiness is not my happiness it is my misery"
~Feuer Frei~--Rammstein--
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
Check out PWN@G3 plus! http://my.bzflag.org/league/index.php?l ... fo&id=1131&
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

Nightmare got me thinking, and when I looked at my map, I totally agree with him. :cry: My map does look like I have taken something from each of those maps..

I would like everyone to know that, that was in know way my intention. So for now, my Easy Target's Colosseum is retiring :?
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

Sorry about that.
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

^nightmare^ wrote:The middle is from mofo, the x-looking thing in the corner is from hix, the other side of the map with the 3 boxes (two boxes apart from each other with a box in the middle connecting them with pyramids on top of it) looks like its from badgerking's map
Easy Target wrote:So for now, my Easy Target's Colosseum is retiring :?
Why? I think all three of those maps are freely available (correct me if I'm wrong) and that even copying and pasting to make a mash up of three very popular maps isn't that bad...

But your map isn't simply a copy and paste, the sizes of your structures are a little different, and other various changes. I think the three playing styles would be unique in one map, and the circular wall around the outside would offer interesting ricochet possibilities.

I'd say continue working on it.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

well... I'll have to think about it, because I wouldn't want anyone copying my work, so I would feel it wrong copying others (which was not my intention)

thanks jef.
I'll debate this with myself.
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Out on the lacrosse field, taking names and getting phone numbers...

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Make a good choice... I made a bad one on stopping on my Caslte_Raiders! map.... You should keep it up and add your own "bling" to the map to make it just.. yours. I want to see more! PM me if you have anything to say about it and I might give you more ideas... if you PM that is....

-Happy New Year!
~SirIchBeenCool~

p.s. Hi
"Your happiness is not my happiness it is my misery"
~Feuer Frei~--Rammstein--
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
Check out PWN@G3 plus! http://my.bzflag.org/league/index.php?l ... fo&id=1131&