CTF Game coming soon by lol_u died

Previews and comments on future maps.
lol_u died

CTF Game coming soon by lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

hey everyone! just wanna give a heads up that im building a new map with Ibzedit and the server will be called "Heaven and Hell on Earth"

Im in progress but I also have one problem...when i press "Test Map", it automaticaly opens BZflag.app (which is supposed too) then it says error connecting to localhost...how can I test my map in progress when bzflag says error connecting to server. Please reply and anyone that is my friend on BZ and is willing to help me on this project will be ADMIN. (again it depends on the person) ;)

Thanks for your time :!:

Naveed Moein :arrow: a.k.a lol_u died
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

If you are pressing esc everytime then going to join game it will say that
so just wait for like 30 seconds next time

if u need help testing ill test it for u
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

silver surfer wrote:If you are pressing esc everytime then going to join game it will say that
so just wait for like 30 seconds next time

if u need help testing ill test it for u

OK I'll let you test.....do you have AIM or any instant messaging services? or should we use BZ chat?
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

I'm interested in what your map will look like, I don't know how you (or anybody) would represent "Heaven and Hell on Earth". Good luck.

P.S. could you post a link to your map as soon as it is semi-ready.
"I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light." -Mary Gardiner Brainard
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

ok but I think it'll be compatible only on iBZedit

REMEMBER not done yet....still adding more boxes and stuff like that....
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

Heres the map in progress......
Attachments
incomin Naveed version.bzw
Heaven and Hell on earth By lol_u died
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
hamburger ham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hamburger ham »

Maybe you could include screenshots so we don't have to host the map locally?
HH
There's no ham in hamburgers!----===
--=
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

I have a hard time imagining Heaven and Hell on a map created in ibzedit :) Then again, you might do a great job!

I'm sure you have one heck of an imagination.

Goodluck! I look forward to seeing it 8)
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

Thank You for the support! I'll try to get screenshots soon!
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Grace F wrote:I have a hard time imagining Heaven and Hell on a map created in ibzedit :)
I agree. Nothing is wrong with using boxes, but with the theme of you're map you'll probably at least want to texture them. A map like this might be better if created in Blender or another 3D modeler.
lol_u died

PROJECT DISCONTINUED

Post by lol_u died »

unfortunently this server will not be posted because I am not smart at all on how to start the server. Im sorry for any inconvenience that I have caused to my friends that have been expecting this map :(
macsforme
General
General

Re: PROJECT DISCONTINUED

Post by macsforme »

lol_u died wrote:unfortunently this server will not be posted because I am not smart at all on how to start the server. Im sorry for any inconvenience that I have caused to my friends that have been expecting this map :(
Be sure to distinguish between servers and maps. A server is a program running on a machine that takes the map and "publishes" it to the world. People can join and play on that server. A map is something you create in BZEdit, iBZEdit, Wings, Blender, BZWorkBench, or whatever, that contains all the world objects. As far as I can tell, you were creating a map. You don't have to start a server for that map to show it to us. You can post the map here (preferably with screenshots) so that we can all see it.
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

well i wasnt going to publish it to show it to you guys.....I just want to publish it to make it playable for now. but I don't know how to start a server and i followed every single step the WIKI and other people have told me INCLUDING the threads...so this topic is now closed.