Cobra_Fast's Battle Of The Bases

Previews and comments on future maps.
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Cobra_Fast's Battle Of The Bases

Post by Cobra_Fast »

Well, yesterday I tested this map.

It seamed like SB is used too much, ill set a shot-limit to 6 shots and I have to add some pyramoids.

Im going to host this map permanently as soon as its finaly finished.
Until then I'm hosting it somewhat daily on my home computer.

For everyone who tested yesterday, please post what I could make better.
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

hey Cobra! I would love to test it out....lets set up a date...i cant do it on saterday becuz I have Morning Detention on Saterday for bothering my teacher with bluetooth :) but maybe 2marro 11:30pm at your time..what do u think? I can meet u at Cobra_fast's CTF game ok?
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

okay (thats probably now :-)
Rob5a
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rob5a »

Can you add towers? I think that would make it much more fun.
Last edited by Rob5a on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

what should these towers look like?

GM-Shooting Towers?

or just some decorative towers!?
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

Dude Cobra....can you please host the map on ur friends server? so we can all see? u can still work on the map if you want to...
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

Cobra I PM'd you and you didnt answer....someone hacked you CTF game (first map) I cant reset the stuff and its wierd...its like when you go on Autopilot the tank speeds up. and stuff...REALLY wierd....can you please reset the server and check your settings please? and please we need more security and more admins.
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

I don't mean to seem offensive, but I don't think the forum is the best place to talk about private server matters. Now, if you needed help reseting the server settings, this would be the place :wink: . (again, I don't want to be rude :D )
"I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light." -Mary Gardiner Brainard
Rob5a
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rob5a »

Cobra_Fast wrote:what should these towers look like?

GM-Shooting Towers?

or just some decorative towers!?
Decorative towers.
Last edited by Rob5a on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
hamburger ham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hamburger ham »

Astroman wrote:I don't mean to seem offensive, but I don't think the forum is the best place to talk about private server matters. Now, if you needed help reseting the server settings, this would be the place :wink: . (again, I don't want to be rude :D )
I would say the same thing. Maybe talk on an IRC channel or some kind of messanger.
HH
There's no ham in hamburgers!----===
--=
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

lol_u died wrote:Cobra I PM'd you and you didnt answer....someone hacked you CTF game (first map) I cant reset the stuff and its wierd...its like when you go on Autopilot the tank speeds up. and stuff...REALLY wierd....can you please reset the server and check your settings please? and please we need more security and more admins.
Pfft, nobody hacked it. You probably didn't turn off the ability for users to run '/poll set', and someone set variables using that poll. Or, you gave too many people the right to use /set. Either way, it's not hacking, it's just poor configuration/administration on your part.

You can run a '/reset *' to put all the settings back to defaults.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

well ...

everyone's talking ... nonesense here ...

my servers definetely didnt get hacked, the poll-commads werent switched off by anyone and finally everything is ok.

an we have enough admins.

Well ... i also want to announce that THIS map is now available
at 78.47.133.60:50001 until somewhat next week. Then ally my serves will switch their addy.
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

cobra....i saw your map battle of the bases....not a fun map :P i liked the CTF better the 1st one you made.....can you please rehost that? people liked it including my friends....your second map needs more fun...its boring...(trying to be honest) if you want I can build very nice maps and I can send them to you and you can host them if you want...cuz first i cant host becuz i dont have a computer on 24/7 and my connection aint good enough....let me know what you think bro. l8r
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

well ... if your maps are that good like youre talking ... show me! :D
you shuld have my email adress
Shmebber
Private
Private

Post by Shmebber »

Dude, Cobra, you should really bring back the tunnel ctf, your new map is okay, but the tunnel one was a lot better.
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

well while im working on the map....can you host CTF tunnel game again cobra? please? cant you like host 2 maps at once? Cuz you told me your friend is renting a server so I think he can host 2 maps...which cobra is rated best as i know of (from my friends :D)...plz reply
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

well, you may already notices, both maps TCTF and BOTS are hosted now.
I asked my firend and he said, yes, no prob. So everything is clear.
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

lol wat about now? theres only battle of the bases :)

ok im almost done with the maps
...should i also make config files or can you write them? I dont know how so you might do better. :D
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

i can do the config well.

i dont know why Tunnel CTF is gone, ...
what does not matter if its offline for one day tomorrow or what im going to host myself
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

idk.....many people are asking me WHERE IS TUNNEL CTF??? cuz they know that im admin becuz i invite people to come and play. So its been a headache.....lol its like when I sign on to INCOMING the map all of a sudden I get 5 Private Chats coming at me asking where it is....but it seems that Battle Of the Bases has been hanging around the top lists.....oh one glitch...

When I tried adding someone to the admin and/or to cops...how come the person didnt get admin or cop? for example..if I wanted to make you admin CObra I would type in

/setgroup Cobra_fast COBRA.ADMIN

right? then when i press enter it like says Callsign added to group and the person got a notification...than later when i tell him to rejoin....he doesnt have the abilitys.... btw the callsign in Shmebber which im trying to add. SO is this a glitch or what?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

lol_u died wrote:iif I wanted to make you admin CObra I would type in

No, you would go to the forums and add that person to the COBRA.ADMIN group. You have to be the moderator of that group. Of course the group is cobrafast.admin and you are not the moderator, so you are out of luck. You cannot add admins on that server.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

donny_baker wrote:

No, you would go to the forums and add that person to the COBRA.ADMIN group. You have to be the moderator of that group. Of course the group is cobrafast.admin and you are not the moderator, so you are out of luck. You cannot add admins on that server.
But then how do some people add people to the groups when they are not the moderator? like for example the Robotnik maps....almost everyone is admin and they can add people the group....like i added 1 person to that map to the group and it worked fine and i aint the moderator.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

lol_u died wrote:
donny_baker wrote:

But then how do some people add people to the groups when they are not the moderator? like for example the Robotnik maps....almost everyone is admin and they can add people the group....like i added 1 person to that map to the group and it worked fine and i aint the moderator.
That would be a difference between local and global groups. Local groups can be set using /setgroup on the server, but are based on the user's callsign. If they change their name on the forum, they will lose those permissions. And then if someone else changes their name to that person's old name, they could gain those rights on that server.

Global groups use the BZID of the user. If they change their callsign on the forum, their BZID stays the same, so they retain those permissions. Global groups, at this point, can only be modified by a single moderator. There is code in the works to have an external web application to manage user groups which would allow us to have multiple moderators. Another option is when we upgrade to phpBB3, as that version supports multiple moderators for a group.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

yeah, i have a local group file x_X
i didnt told u about this ...
the groups are calles
LOCAL.ADMIN - ALL Rights (like COBRA.ADMIN)
LOCAL.HALFOP - FlagMod, FlagMaster, Kick, Ban, Kill, Veto
LOCAL.HIDDENCOP - ALL Rights, no @ shown in userlist
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

so cobra.....cant you make it global though? so i can add?