The Silo

Previews and comments on future maps.
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Silo

Post by *Boinkage*! »

I am in the early planning stages of a new map: The Silo.

The focus is a large silo which has a large rocket launcher.

Inside the central chamber, there will be an indentation where the blast from the rocket launcher will come out. Bullets will spray from the launcher when it fires, wiping out a good half of the room.

It will have security, of course. Bullets will blast out of secret holes and lasers will block doors, although most of it is focused on the top of the bunker.

I plan to get working on the skeleton of the level soon, and it could be out in a month or two (mostly all the WW coding)

NOTICE: I am redoing the idea. Instead of several small tubes, they are four towers surrounding one launcher, and there will be lots of traps and things guarding it. However, if you manage to get next to the launcher, there will be some flags like L, GM, and G sitting around.

If anybody can give me the download link for the localhost server starter (not the console, but the little program,) I would be grateful.

I am currently finalizing the base level design. (Lots of fun spikes! KABLAMMO!!! No GM for you ;p.)
Last edited by *Boinkage*! on Wed May 21, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

That sounds cool, I'm interested to see how this will turn out. Good luck :) .
"I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light." -Mary Gardiner Brainard
Acmex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Acmex »

Try the BZWTestLauncher, which creates local servers, though it might be only to find out what is wrong with the map and server that causes crashes.
Here is a download link for windows:
http://beta.bzflag.bz/builds/tools/BZWT ... -beta1.exe
And here is a forum link: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=11785
Acmex says:

Hi.
Bye.
Acmex!