Need help testing plz :)

Previews and comments on future maps.
s1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Need help testing plz :)

Post by s1n »

Ok... this is a simple ctf map that I made. My bzfs is all messed up and won't let me test my maps, so if you guys could try it out and give me some suggestions, it'd be great.

There should be two long platforms going from base to base - when you go on the left 1, it should take you to the other base... it's my first time working with meshboxes and physics... so I'm not sure if it works.

Also I want to know if the flag zones work(SW in center, G in center on top of the "x", and laser throughout both bases), as well as if the team spawn zones work too (reds spawn in red base and blues spawn in blue base)...

Thanks for your help :)
Attachments
ctf2.bzw
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
joevano
General
General

Re: Need help testing plz :)

Post by joevano »

Your bzfs is not "all messed up", it is a program and it works. You probably just don't understand how you use it...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
s1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by s1n »

Yea I do... I posted for help in "Server Setup and Administration" - http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=13523. Apparently, nothing is wrong, but when I run the private server and try to get on, it says error connecting to server. The only thing I can describe this as is... all messed up -.-.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

s1n wrote:Yea I do... I posted for help in "Server Setup and Administration" - http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=13523. Apparently, nothing is wrong, but when I run the private server and try to get on, it says error connecting to server. The only thing I can describe this as is... all messed up -.-.
No, that would be your computer that is messed up, not bzfs.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Tanx
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanx »

All I know is something is messed up, now back to the subject.
You might want to have some random flags thrown in with L,SW, and G.
It might become boring due to the fact it has only 3 different flags. Those three flags with some random flags would be better in my opinion. But 1 shot is right for these flags only so if you do add some flags you might want to change the shot count. Other then that it was a nice map.
known as: Tanx, Eoncho, ckw.
Bzflag player since 2001.