Igloo Snow Fight - A 2 Team CTF (My First Map)

Previews and comments on future maps.
G4JC
Private First Class
Private First Class

Igloo Snow Fight - A 2 Team CTF (My First Map)

Post by G4JC »

Hello All,
This will be my first map in BZFlag, I've made tracks and stuff before for other games but never BZ. So I'm looking for advice and suggestions. It will be composed entirely in Blender using BZWTools and feature my own custom textures/UV Mapping.

My initial idea is that there are two igloos, a red base and a blue base. Some geno flags will be in the center on a small pedestal with broken ice all around (meaning danger of water on the provoking jump).

There will be some barriers for the team's bases and perhaps some penguins and polar bears on the edges to add to the ricco.
Here's a small preview I have, it's just the two bases and pedestal atm:
First of all, is it a good idea?
Secondly, what can I do to make the idea more interesting? :D

Thanks for reading.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Igloo Snow Fight - A 2 Team CTF (My First Map)

Post by Bambino »

Looks like it's still a work-in-progress. I like it but you may want to add some more objects around the sides to make it less open, keep up the good work!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Abominable
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Igloo Snow Fight - A 2 Team CTF (My First Map)

Post by Abominable »

I agree with bambino, add some more objects around the side the make it less bland. Maybe add a few bunkers? I like the idea of it, blizzard, snow, ice maps always appeal to me a lot ;)