Laser Sniping CTF

Previews and comments on future maps.
Bountty_Hunter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Laser Sniping CTF

Post by Bountty_Hunter »

Pizzahead and me(possibly z bomb) have started working on a 2 team laser sniping ctf.

We are just in the beginning stages of the map. But the features of this will include hardcore laser sniping and camping/defending. There will be stations in which tanks line up against a wall and start sniping with a laser across to the other side. There will be separate walls creating a "defensive line" for the base. The majority of the ctf process will happen on ground as there are a limited ways to reach the base or flag.. But the main part of this map will consist of just sniping with lasers. Perhaps it will even give you practice... :D

Anyway.. we just started. I hope to achieve the finish time in 10-20 days from now. As I think with multiple people and no huge textures it could be accomplished rather quickly then other maps...

But as we will be coming to finish it we hope to have someone host it. All I want to be able to do is control whether it is private or public map and be able to have the basic ability to control the settings of the map. If your interested in hosting for free please post below or contact me.

THANKS! :D

Note: As we progress I will post some screen-shots..
I'm no louman...but I do enjoy making maps and trying new things. If you got a good map idea, I can create it! :) Also, since I am always coming out with maps...I do need a hoster. I don't have money so if you can host my maps for free, please private message me!
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Laser Sniping CTF

Post by Bambino »

The design and quality of the building for sniping will either make or break the map. You don't want it to be a solid lineup of tanks shooting eachother, you want tactics. Say if a really good player/sniper were to get to the building then s/he would shoot anything that appeared infront of him.

Take a look at some of the great sniping maps and see what the map maker used to make the sniping a successful, and balanced part of the map. I would suggest looking at Two Tanks, Missile Wars 2.3, and last but not least: Laser Mania. Each of these maps have been hugely successful, partly because they're hosted on excellent servers maintained by quality admins, but also because they are multi-faceted in the playstyles used. Each map has the ability for people to camp and get huge scores, or for the players who like to lurk around with Stealth and kill the annoying campers :)

Good luck and let your creativity run wild!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by darkid »

Although, in two tank and MW, there were (and still are) huge issues with spawn killing with lasers. Be careful of that.
Darkid--Not a happy camper.
Bountty_Hunter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bountty_Hunter »

You make a good point, bambino. I will try to add something else to it for non-snipers to have fun with.... I was just thinking it would work as so many players love to camp and snipe that it would just automatically work, but I suppose you are right. Well I will work on an idea....

darkid, we will place objects in a strategic place to prevent spawn killing and laser sniping in all directions.
I'm no louman...but I do enjoy making maps and trying new things. If you got a good map idea, I can create it! :) Also, since I am always coming out with maps...I do need a hoster. I don't have money so if you can host my maps for free, please private message me!