DarkWorld

Previews and comments on future maps.
ClayOgre
Private First Class
Private First Class

DarkWorld

Post by ClayOgre »

Now this is just the basement, mind you, there will be a floor above the central dome, possibly with a hole in it so you can drop down into the basement, or I may just get lazy and use teleports.

Face count thus far is 1121. I am guessing the finished map will be over 5000 faces. I am a bit concerned that it will be too high.

If you happened to take a look at my "Failed Attempt" in the map objects section, a redone version with about half the faces will be part of this. The idea is to have a central "fortress" surrounded by a deep moat. Assuming I can get it to work, tanks will spawn on small platforms located at the corners of the map. To enter the fortress, they have to jump up onto the forked tongue sticking out of the mouth of the toothy lookin' nasty at each corner. They drive along the tongue, through the open jaws, and thence through a one-way mesh (tanks go in, but they don't come out) into the top level of the fortress.

There will be a "walkway" around the inner wall of the battlements supported by a series of arches.

The wall you see is actually four 2d mesh walls just outside where the usual BZFlag world wall would be. What you see in this will actually be walled in further when I am done. If you pick up one of the several wings flags you can fly above the mesh and see through it, since it only "exists" from ground level.

I strongly suggest you run the map, the screenshots really don't convey the full effect, I had to mess with the levels so you could even see anything. You can see in the map, but it is very dark.

I haven't figured out what sort of obstacles to put in on the main level of the fortress yet.

Sorry about the map file size...

Click thumbnails to go to larger image.

Attachments
vault3.bzw
(173.97 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
Respectfully,
I Beg to Remain,
Cordially Yours,
Regards....

a monkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a monkey »

Wow. :shock: Cool! :)
May the source be with you.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

:shock: Nice! :shock:
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

niiiiiiiiiiiice
ClayOgre
Private First Class
Private First Class

yer just now lookin?

Post by ClayOgre »

You need to check out the 0,9a version posted elsewhere, this is an older version....
Respectfully,
I Beg to Remain,
Cordially Yours,
Regards....

dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

i've seen the .9 version. it was awsome!