4th map

Previews and comments on future maps.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

4th map

Post by dartman »

Okay, I'm beginning work on a fourth map.

This one I thought up in school while I was bored. It basically says "Hi!" or "HI!" in a whole buncha weird ngles and stuff.

Why the heck am I doing this, you ask? Well, have you noticed that you can flip an H or an I and they'd look like the other letter? Imagine it on a BZ map. Think of all the cover you can use inbetween what would be the walls.

Have you also noticed how flipping an exclmation point upside-down makes it look like a a lowercase i? I'm going to be using them as both exclamations and i's to help make it a little crazier. The dots will be one of those small yet spiky pyamids.

I'm also thinking of adding invisible teles to the map that will be in the spaces of the I's and H's.

The map may sound like crap right now, but you'll have to see it because I think I know what you're thinking. It won't be a smattering of the word "Hi!" all over and spaced out so it all looks so clear. it'll be scrunched in, and I'll use letters from another word to make another one, and even "mutate" some of them to accomadate another. It'll be more like a maze than a smattering of letters.
jaxad0127
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jaxad0127 »

Interesting. Can't wait to see it.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Indeed. I wonder, can you post screenies later on? :) Or will I be able to open it in BZEdit?
The Knights Who Say Ni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: 4th map

Post by The Knights Who Say Ni »

dartman wrote:...I'm also thinking of adding invisible teles to the map...
how do you do that?
Sig Made By AlliedArmour

TGPH
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

The Knights Who Say Ni wrote:
how do you do that?
Ummm... you can't - not that I know of.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
eagle
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by eagle »

this will be very interesting. :)
~~~~~
I do know everything, just not all at once. Its a virtual memory problem.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

A Meteorite wrote:
The Knights Who Say Ni wrote:
how do you do that?
Ummm... you can't - not that I know of.
I'm thinking of maybe setting the width depth, and that little yellow thingy that goes around them to 0.

And DW, I don't know how to make screenies. I've actually barely started work on it.

Oh, and this is being made in bzworld. I would make it in iBZEdit, but I don't quite understand that app yet.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Oh, one quick thing to point out, some of my maps used to have 0 0 0 teleporters on the size. It doesn't work anymore. You can't enter a 0 0 0 teleport and unfortunately for some reason I'll have to change some of my maps because the links don't work coming out of a 0 0 0 so you drive through a teleporter and don't go anywhere.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

ducatiwannabe wrote:Oh, one quick thing to point out, some of my maps used to have 0 0 0 teleporters on the size. It doesn't work anymore. You can't enter a 0 0 0 teleport and unfortunately for some reason I'll have to change some of my maps because the links don't work coming out of a 0 0 0 so you drive through a teleporter and don't go anywhere.

Yea, I've had that problem. I wish we could have horizontal teleporters, that way if you fell somewhere, you'd get teleported, but it's probably against the code, or something like that. :wink: Invisible teleporters? Can't say I've heard that one before. Perhaps you could give a public a screenie? Like I did with Winter-nee-mas, which BTW, is going to be VERY different from the original screenie. I dumped the snowman, he isn't worth the 350KB he took up.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Ice Wewe wrote:
ducatiwannabe wrote:Oh, one quick thing to point out, some of my maps used to have 0 0 0 teleporters on the size. It doesn't work anymore. You can't enter a 0 0 0 teleport and unfortunately for some reason I'll have to change some of my maps because the links don't work coming out of a 0 0 0 so you drive through a teleporter and don't go anywhere.

Yea, I've had that problem. I wish we could have horizontal teleporters, that way if you fell somewhere, you'd get teleported, but it's probably against the code, or something like that. :wink: Invisible teleporters? Can't say I've heard that one before. Perhaps you could give a public a screenie? Like I did with Winter-nee-mas, which BTW, is going to be VERY different from the original screenie. I dumped the snowman, he isn't worth the 350KB he took up.
Don't have a screenie. It was in my mind.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Expect a preview of the map to be posted here. Just remember that is just a beginning, and the map wil probably be filled up when it's completely finished.

Also, you'll probably see some piles of stuff in the corners and sides. Those are not going to be a part of the map; they're just stockpiles of materials I made so I don't have to constantly make a new box or building when I want to continue construction. Makes it a lot easier.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Here's the preview!
Attachments
Hi!.bzw
Preview of my 4th map. Stuff in the corners and sides are not going to be pat of the map when it's completed because they are simply stockpiles I made for construction convience. The map will, when finished, fill up the whole space.
(7.07 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
The Knights Who Say Ni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Knights Who Say Ni »

looks good heres a screenie...
Attachments
Hi!.jpg
(69.19 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Sig Made By AlliedArmour

TGPH
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Okay, the preview is being hosted at ibzedit.servegame.com:5154

At least for today. Be sure to stop by and check it out. It's in the public server list, too.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

cool, good job. Whatcha gonna call it?
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

I don't know for sure, as I'm really not far into it, but I'm thinking of the obvious: "Hi!"
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

dartman wrote:I don't know for sure, as I'm really not far into it, but I'm thinking of the obvious: "Hi!"

:lol: Could you have more Hi's? Looks good, but if I were you, I'd add more ground cover, that stuff is seriously exposed.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Ice Wewe wrote:
dartman wrote:I don't know for sure, as I'm really not far into it, but I'm thinking of the obvious: "Hi!"

:lol: Could you have more Hi's? Looks good, but if I were you, I'd add more ground cover, that stuff is seriously exposed.
Well, like I said, it was just a preview of something Very early in development. And if you read my post, you would've found that the "Hi!"s will cover the entire playfield when it's finished.