Wormhole teleporters, space skybox.

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Wormhole teleporters, space skybox.

Post by optic delusion »

Spinning Wormhole textured teleporters.
The LinkMaterial is completely clear, then the new texture is laid overtop.
You could do this without the overlay, but I wanted them to appear to "hang in space" which meant part of the texture had to be below where the tele actually is.

From my borg cube map, which is not currently running. I'm hoping to make it about half the size that it was. I'm including the skybox that I stole from Louman. I'm working on some whole sets of skyboxes now. I'll post them in this thread when and if I finish them. You might want to look around in my texture collection.

Attachments
wormhole_teles.bzw
(3.76 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

Thats really cool. Nice job.

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

Ride
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ride »

So if someone wanted to use that in their map (im not going to, im just curious) what do they need to do to the text file to have that work?
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Unless they wanted to build their own map around what is already there, they could group the object, and then edit the group properties (shift, rotate, spin, etc.) to put it where they want.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

You cant group teleporters.. so you just make the "group redhole" five units higher in Z than it's associated teleporter.
To make the LinkMaterial completely clear, I used a clear texture, but "color 0 0 0 0" would work just as well.

To use the skybox, copy it exactly into your map. Unless all six sides of a skybox are perfect, none of the siides will display in bzw.

Anything I make is open-source, anybody can use it. UNLESS IT SAYS MoFo ON IT.
If I post it on the forum, I am asking you to please use it.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.