Tank with spinning turret

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
anomaly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Tank with spinning turret

Post by anomaly »

Here is a tank with a spinning turret.
Attachments
spin_turret_tank.bzw
The bzw file
(339.43 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
bzfi0003.png
(805.36 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

sweet nice work!
50 Bucks -er- Buckos
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 50 Bucks -er- Buckos »

very nice, what'd you use to make it?
"The grand old dupe of dorks, he had ten thousand tanks, he drove them up to the top of the hill and I shot them down again."
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

50 Bucks -er- Buckos wrote:very nice, what'd you use to make it?
I'd expect that it's the standard model with a drawinfo top.

Nice work, anomaly.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
io
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by io »

yeah, will you use it for a new map ? :)

Nice work :)
Marzipan

Why be normal when you can be yourself?

We dance because we can not fly

Legalize it!

I created a map, i just can't remeber because i were high.

bzflag.norang.ca
Openleague
Linuxratings
Soccer-Tournament
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

I can think of some really good uses for that... notably specially timed world weapons:
A tank with a moving turret AND it fires at you! Good job.
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

Quantum Tank wrote:I can think of some really good uses for that... notably specially timed world weapons:
A tank with a moving turret AND it fires at you! Good job.
I'm not sure if it's possible. :( I just spent about 20 minutes trying to get a shockwave to go off when the barrel was pointing straight ahead. Even adjusting the initial delay by small increments didn't make the shockwave go off closer to when it should. It seemed like the barrel would start off pointing in different directions each time I tested, which made trying to time the world weapon impossible. Oh, and _shockOutRadius doesn't like being 6 or less. Maybe I'm just being incredibly dense tonight, but I didn't make any headway into getting it to work.

Good stuff, anamoly. I added a physics driver with a spin of -0.04 to your clear box for the turret to make it seem a little more real.
Attachments
spin_turret_tank_physics.bzw
Added physics to the turret.
(339.55 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

Maybe not a shockwave... if a bullet could fire looking like it came from the barrel every 45 degrees or so of the barrel's rotation was what I was thinking of... but if the starting point of the barrel is random that would be a problem.
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

I was using a shockwave so it would stay in one place. :P If I had got that going, I'd add a bullet so it would look like fire and the bullet were coming out of the barrel.
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

Jefenry wrote:I was using a shockwave so it would stay in one place. :P If I had got that going, I'd add a bullet so it would look like fire and the bullet were coming out of the barrel.
What is this? eliminating variables? adding only one parameter at a time? troubleshooting? on this forum? This is highly irregular...

It is possible but difficult Jef. The problem is that although drawInfo and WW are synced on everyone's client, the starting point for each is at a different point. One of them starts when the bzfs is run and the other is when the first client joins the server.

I think this is the way it works, Optic Delusion would be the only one that I know of that has tried something like this.
this signature intentionally left blank
anomaly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by anomaly »

I must have missed this post, sorry for the late reply.
50 Bucks -er- Buckos wrote:very nice, what'd you use to make it?
I used blender, made new tracks, and yes I used the original obj file as a starting point. Only selected objects get exported in blender so it was easy to separate the tanks body/tracks from the turret/barrel and get two separate meshes. Since this is a drawinfo object I used invisible faces (bounds) for collision detection.

oh and thanks for the good comments.

the physics driver is a cool idea. nice job!
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

the bzw file didnt load properly it keeps showing errors
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

lol_u_died:
You're doing it wrong.
this signature intentionally left blank
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

what do you mean? Im using iBZedit and it says error codes... all the ther bzw files work fine...unless if this is orginaly made for the PC version of bzedit... plz help...i can use it on my new up coming map called heaven and hell on earth
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

lol_u died wrote:what do you mean? Im using iBZedit and it says error codes... all the ther bzw files work fine...unless if this is orginaly made for the PC version of bzedit... plz help...i can use it on my new up coming map called heaven and hell on earth
iBZEdit does not support meshes (nor do most of the other editors), so you are doing it wrong...

You need to use a text editor to place the tank in your map and position it.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

INCORRECT donny_baker!!! iBzedit does support meshes! There was a couple meshes that I used on my map and iBzedit says in the object box mesh and you can also add texture... It does take meshes iv seen it and im using it... i'll just try it on my windows type of iBzedit.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

lol_u died wrote:INCORRECT donny_baker!!! iBzedit does support meshes! There was a couple meshes that I used on my map and iBzedit says in the object box mesh and you can also add texture... It does take meshes iv seen it and im using it... i'll just try it on my windows type of iBzedit.
Sorry, I meant drawinfo...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

heh ok