Drawinfo Multi-Cell Animation (running deer)

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Drawinfo Multi-Cell Animation (running deer)

Post by optic delusion »

drawinfo still has some problems, but this works pretty well, as long as your viewing angle is correct.

This was remarkably easy to do, once I figured out how the matrefs fit inside drawinfo.
I started with a simple animated gif (with a transparent background). I extracted each animation frame into a separate file, and converted to png format.
Next I tested the bzw with two frames of animation.. seemed to work... then I simply added the other 16 frames. Nothing to it.

You can disable the inside face of the cube by commenting the first polygon in each matref's display list (dlist).
if you look at my dyncol/material/matref names, I used qwerty.

Here is the original gif file

And the bzw.
go to the corner with the lighter green pyramids. Stay right in between the two pyrs and look towards the corner. It takes 2 minutes for the deer to run in its circle.

EDIT: sorry about the first 4 people to download the file, i have corrected the image links in the new upload.
Attachments
deerYAY.bzw
(7.3 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Last edited by optic delusion on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

That is evolutionary and will completely change the game.
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

Very cool.

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Another word of warning... I'm still just guessing, and so is tedius.
Don't take anything in these recent drawinfo posts as gospel, in two weeks or a month, we could be doing this in a completely different way.
Right now we're already debating the signifigence of sphere and extents. We still don't have the REAL INFO.[/i]

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

This works really well, but sometimes it is outside the playing field.
Attachments
bzfi0005.png
This is where it comes into the playing field. Look here.
(250.41 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
bzfi0006.png
Here it is, outside the playing field
(173.1 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
bzfi0009.png
Here it is again, moved.
(175.56 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

The circle is goes out beyond the mountains...

It moves in a big circle at 3 radians/second. that means it takes 360/3 seconds to complete the circle. I was trying to make it so the foot-falls of the horse seem to be correct for the distance it travels. This meant a gigantic circle. It's still not perfect, since each frame of animation lasts .05 seconds, and even during that short amount of time, the feet of the horse move in the big circle.
When the horse's foot hits the ground, it should stay there a few frames, but the foot slides with the rest of the animation.

Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

It looks great to me. With del's permission, I added 2 deer to "The Most Dangerous Game" tedius.dyndns.org:5172. They are kind of hard to spot if you don't know where to look. One hint: Stand just on the south side of the river in the far east, facing north and wait.

For better or worse, I took out the sphere and extents and it seems to work well. The deer is awesome! I can't wait to see what else can be done with drawInfo.
Attachments
deer-1.png
deer-1.png (162.96 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
deer-2.png
deer-2.png (162.72 KiB) Viewed 2390 times
this signature intentionally left blank