7-segment Display Clock.

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

7-segment Display Clock.

Post by Spazzy McGee » Mon May 19, 2008 9:37 pm

A standard 7 segment display clock that counts up in seconds, minutes and hours, resetting after 23:59:59 to 00:00:00

I know there's been one that uses world weapons released - This is less complicated to move around your map..

I've made it as part of my upcoming map, but I thought it might be nice to release it as a separate object.

If you start BZFS at midnight, it should show the correct time. Otherwise it will show the time the server has been up.

I made this as an example of dyncols. Each digit is a standard 7 segment display, like you might get on a simple numeric display, and each segment is tuned on in sequence with a dyncol. It contains 42 dyncols and 42 materials, plus 6 meshes, with a face for each segment in the display To move it around in your map, edit the final group definitions in the map file. There are two there as an example, e.g.:

Code: Select all

group 7seg-clock
  pos 0 0 30
end
You could use the materials with a custom mesh, I've labeled them as the materials for segments a, b, c, d, e, f, g, as shown in this diagram. The rightmost number corresponds to materials a1, b1, c1... etc. The leftmost a6, b6, c6... etc.

Have fun!

This map is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license.
A full legal copy of this can be found at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by- ... /legalcode
Attachments
7seg2.bzw
Map file.
(21.3 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

io
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by io » Tue May 20, 2008 5:40 pm

Wow, that's amazing :) nice work
Marzipan

Why be normal when you can be yourself?

We dance because we can not fly

Legalize it!

I created a map, i just can't remeber because i were high.

bzflag.norang.ca
Openleague
Linuxratings
Soccer-Tournament

Simba
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Simba » Tue May 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Oh my gosh - I love it Spazzy ;)

Now I can get to my bus on time =D

P.S - I'm not sure if you noticed this or not, but your signature says that you are a "Member of Panet MoFo". I'm pretty sure it's spelled "Planet MoFo" ;)

Zaa.

trepan
Dev Wizard
Dev Wizard

Post by trepan » Fri May 23, 2008 9:51 am

Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee » Fri May 23, 2008 12:23 pm

trepan wrote:http://trepan.bzflag.bz/noshow/lcd.zip

(dated: May 07, 2005)
Ahh! I knew somebody had made one before; just didn't know where to find it or how it was made (looks like it got deleted with the rest of the stuff in this forum). Looking at yours now trepan, interestingly, we've made them via very similar means.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon