Teleporter box

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
yarro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Teleporter box

Post by yarro »

Nothing fantastic, my idea was that a gameboard who's edge is made up of teleporters will never hit an "edge" but will teleport back on to the opposing side of the board. I doubt it works but the teleporters are in place and can be fixed up. More of a concept thingy. It would be an order of magnitude better if when you left the board edge you entered an "adjacent" world so that you could have infinite number of world distributed over multiple servers. Kind of a network universe. Just an idea, I'm sure the coding challenge would be awesome.
Attachments
teleporter box.JPG
(25.26 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
teleporter.bzw
(1.24 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
joevano
General
General

Re: Teleporter box

Post by joevano »

Yarro wrote:It would be an order of magnitude better if when you left the board edge you entered an "adjacent" world so that you could have infinite number of world distributed over multiple servers. Kind of a network universe. Just an idea, I'm sure the coding challenge would be awesome.
It is not only a coding challenge... would there be anyone in the "world" you went to? Would you wait for the map to download? Would it even be fun? These are all questions that would be more of an issue than the coding, which wouldn't technically be that bad.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent West »

use several smaller maps surrounded by thir own skyboxes. place those smaller maps on one big one, link them with teles. this will be the best way because,like joevano said, server-to-server links are not as great as they sound.
Rest in peace, AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)! miss ya!
yarro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yarro »

To get even crazier you could use parallel processing on supercomputers to experiment with the physics of in game processes. Not practical or fun but might answer the question of does virtual light light bend across infinite BZ worlds, more of a mechanism for discovery :roll: