Anathema-style Base Walls

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
Spectre
Private First Class
Private First Class

Anathema-style Base Walls

Post by Spectre »

Here, encased in groups, are the walls I typically use for bases. They're an interesting setup that make the walls of a team base more color-coded and less boring. The only downfall of doing them this way instead of constructing them manually is that this version skews the texture. You more experienced mapmakers can simply take out the textured block and make it separately. If you look in the map file, it's fairly self-explanatory, but I'm including some instructions here anyway.

First of all, the name key; we'll use redWall-x as an example. Fairly simple: redWall indicates that it uses the red_basewall texture, and x indicates that the long axis is X. What I mean by this is that when resizing, this is the axis that the user increases via the size parameter in the calling block of the group. Yes, I meant size, not scale. Scale will also modify the position, whereas size will not. Returning to our previous issue, the sizes of the widest portions of the wall are 2 on the short axis, and 1 on the long axis. This way, the user simply specifies the length that the wall needs to extend from the center, rather than dividing out the distance. I tried to make it as simple and mapper-friendly as possible; if you have trouble using the walls or understanding the guide, PM me. They are, of course, released as Public Domain work.
Attachments
Anathema-walls.bzw
(1.68 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Keeping Latin alive in 2766 AUC.
The Black Kitten
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Anathema-style Base Walls

Post by The Black Kitten »

This map is FAKE!
More Fun 1.0 FFA (BZJunkie.net:6000)
More Fun 2.0 FFA (BZJunkie.net:4001)
Contact me : http://tinyurl.com/kitten-contact
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

OMO wrote:This map is FAKE!
Um, this isn't a map. It's a prefab. You probably shouldn't make statements about things you know nothing about. :)

(Basically, this by itself will do nothing. You have to use the 'group' object to actually place these walls somewhere.)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

The Black Kitten
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Black Kitten »

blast wrote:
OMO wrote:This map is FAKE!
Um, this isn't a map. It's a prefab. You probably shouldn't make statements about things you know nothing about. :)

(Basically, this by itself will do nothing. You have to use the 'group' object to actually place these walls somewhere.)
I tested these object!In map i doesn't see anything!
More Fun 1.0 FFA (BZJunkie.net:6000)
More Fun 2.0 FFA (BZJunkie.net:4001)
Contact me : http://tinyurl.com/kitten-contact
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

blast wrote: (Basically, this by itself will do nothing. You have to use the 'group' object to actually place these walls somewhere.)
Did you do that? If you didn't then you won't see anything.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague