Freeways and City grids

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
yarro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Freeways and City grids

Post by yarro »

OK, I had to pull that file. It is possible the that it could be contested even though it was significantly modified from source and likely was obtained under the freedom of information act. Should have done more checking before posting, sorry.
Last edited by yarro on Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blast
General
General

Re: Freeways and City grids

Post by blast »

Please specify the license that this file is released under.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

yarro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yarro »

Private.
yarro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yarro »

spui.jpg
spui.jpg (27.74 KiB) Viewed 3903 times
Sphagetti Single Point Urban Interchange.zip
Spaghetti Single Point Urban Interchange
(102.2 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
I am posting my own "from scratch" work instead of the former example and the licence for this is Creative Commons 3.0. Please attribute to me when used, copy left if needed with this text intact and not for commercial use without my permission. This a model of the North Las Vegas single point urban interchange. You will need to work on the scale and getting it into a bzworld so that it works at the correct scale is pretty tricky. A larger game board may work. Scaling in Maya had the best effect; if it comes out tiny in BZW scale up by a factor of 800 and this will be about 1200 BZ units so you would need the larger board. This is for realistic sizing where a tank is about equal to a car. Have fun :wink:

There was a lot of interest when I first developed this so I hope it goes over well as an "object" I don't have the time or tools to get this out as a game.
The tools I needed on this were trial of sketchup, trial of maya, blender, wings, model tool, inkscape, imapi, and a converter for geotiff high resolution imagery from the usgs seamless server. The tool that allows you to test maps on your own server was invaluable as well although the name escapes me at the moment.