non-python bzflag

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
catking00
Private First Class
Private First Class

non-python bzflag

Post by catking00 »

im looking for bzedit, and everyone is telling me that the non-python bzedit is really simple and easy. but they also told me that one i harder to find. can anyone help me with this? i've searched for it but most links sent me somewhere in these forums, and i'm basically going in circles. can somebody help?
I reject your reality and substitute my own
blast
General
General

Re: non-python bzflag

Post by blast »

It's not hard to find. It's part of the BZFlag project, so the downloads are on the SourceForge site for BZFlag... I would also suggest that you learn how to use google. I put in "BZEdit" and was taken to the bzflag wiki page for the old linux bzedit, which linked to the Win32 BZEdit. Also, the third google result was the download page that had bzedit win32.

And as the name implies, BZEdit Win32 is only for Windows. It may or may not run under Wine on other platforms. The BZEdit program isn't going to be able to handle any of the newer features in BZFlag as it only understands map code from BZFlag 1.7 (or possibly anything extra that went into 1.10).

Also note that the teleporters it generates will not work in modern copies of bzfs. You will have to manually remove the 'name' lines from your teleporters.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

catking00
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by catking00 »

i forgot to mention i'm on linux, ubuntu. and i need to download it without my dad knowing, do some stuff on it, then show him it's easy to convince him to let me keep it. cuz everyone says its easy, and i saw a picture of how to do it. not even instructions of how, just a picture, and it looked really simple
I reject your reality and substitute my own
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Then you probably don't want BZEdit, unless you can get it running via Wine. I would recommend BZWorkBench, but that's probably going beyond your capabilities. (it requires some prep work and you have to build it yourself)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)