Loumans mystic valey trees and Hide and seek brown rocks

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Loumans mystic valey trees and Hide and seek brown rocks

Post by Zac »

i found a post saying louman released the map file for mystic valley but i couldnt find it.

anyone have the code for these two objects?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Loumans mystic valey trees and Hide and seek brown rocks

Post by Avatar »

Here is the thread where LouMan released the Mystic Valley and Laser Mania maps:

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5634

Context from other posts (including statements from LouMan) state that it should be easy to extract whatever objects you would like to use straight out of the map file and into your own project (this post, for example).
And the lesson for tonight is:

Never underestimate the ability of a newb to expect instant success and cry "cheat!" when they don't get it. Don't hate the newb, just give them plenty of learning opportunities. ;)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You should also verify the license the maps are released under as he didn't specify one (this was before we required them to be specified). Though this is in the thread:
eagle wrote:louman, can i use the shrubs from your map? i would use em for the aerial combat map
LouMan wrote:lol - if u can extract them from the map, u can use them (with credit where credit is due, of course).
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

thanks, but i found that same topic blast shortly after i posted this and i've decided not to use the trees anyhow :