WaterLevel

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

WaterLevel

Post by FangUp »

Hello all.
Im making this post becose soon i think of doing a map LavaRed vs AquaBlue but never mind of that.
The name of the thing is WaterLevel:

waterLevel
name example_waterlevel
height -1.0
end

That up there is an example of it if anyone knows it already.
So im asking, can the water and lava be made more realistic? like water could be seen through and lava like shining strong every some time?
That would be really cool!
To be or not to be. - W. Shakespeare
To bee or not to bee? I sure love Honee! - FangUp
Playing since 2005, with an unregistered nickname.
blast
General
General

Re: WaterLevel

Post by blast »

Make the "water" and "lava" manually with a mesh and a material and death physics drivers. The waterLevel object doesn't offer customization like that as far as I know.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

FangUp wrote: So im asking, can the water and lava be made more realistic? like water could be seen through and lava like shining strong every some time?
Water can be given an alpha value in the Material that is applied to the water mesh and the lava can be dynamically shining bright red like lava heating up and cooling down with the Dynamic Color ability.

Read up on Material and Dynamic Color on the wiki, as they provide enough example for your cases.

Like blast said, do not use Water level, use two separate meshes (Or meshboxes if you prefer) to accomplish this.

(By the way, this category is for posting custom made objects for use in maps, not for Help: Map Making...)
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

ok thhanks sig, but both of you, i already used lava and water so i do not know what u mean by use two different meshes?
I did not put everything in that but all the time i used this: size, location, death psych/not death psych , and if death psych the message when you fall in. It worked perfectly so i dont see the reason why i should not use waterLevel?
Ok anyways thank you very much for "Material" and "Dynamic Color" , ill go check in on wiki right away!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I suggest you read our posts again if you don't understand.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

Ah i see but to say to you blast....i always do everything manualy never BZEdit etc. just to let you know i just NAMED this example "WaterLevel" I always do it manualy.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Um, no, you used a waterLevel object in your original post. Doesn't matter if you do it manually or not. It's still a waterLevel object.

FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

Ok then i said the wrong thing and done what you said P: