Lightsaber

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Lightsaber

Post by dartman »

Hey guys,

I just finished finished making a cool 3D model for a lightsaber (from Star Wars, obviously). I plan on using this for, um...a little project I have in mind. ;)

EDIT: New version is posted in the attachment now! w00t!
Attachments
lightsaber.wings
AAHH BEEZEWM!...HMMMMM.....

(How's that for a lightsaber noise imitation, eh?)
(15.42 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
Last edited by dartman on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

do you have a pic
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

No, I haven't yet figured out how to take a pic in Wings 3D.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

well, b4 you take a pic, you need to add a light.
here's an openGL rendered pic from wings.
Attachments
lightsaber.jpg
(8.76 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

sweet
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Thanks! :D

And I'm working on a cooler second version that actually kinda shows what projects the blad part out. Which only came from my head. :lol: Actually, all the stuff in the model is straight from my memory. I haven't had to look in google Images or anything.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Sorry for the double post, but I have good news...I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TAKE SCREENIES! YAY FOR MET FOR TELLING ME HOW TO "FIGURE IT OUT"!! WHY AM I SCREAMING?!?!

*ahem*

So yeah, I just finished taking some cool new pics of the cool new version of my cool new 3D model of my cool new lightsaber that is cooly new. I know that someone already posted a screeny, but I don't think it turned out so great. And besides, he only posted one, but I have...*counts on fingers* 69! I mean, 4! Here they are:

The parts needed to build a 'saber of your very own in Wings 3D. Figure out the colors yourself, you lazy bum. And stop calling me a hypocrit! NOTE: The long cylinder on the right that forms most of the blade (the other part is that red sphere, which makes the end of the blade appear to be round) is longer than that. I couldn't show the whole thing in the pic, sorry.

The handle of the lightsaber, or, what it looks like when the blade isn't ignited. I had to move the cylinder and sphere that formed the blade so they didn't get in the way.

The lightsaber ignited, READY FOR ACTION! HOO-HA!

The cool weird power-source thingymabob that I was talking about in the previous post. This is what makes the blade come out, according to my wild imagination.

I'll be updating the file attachment in my first post very soon, so you can download the new model.

Now all I gotta do is figure out a way to reassemble it, after all the destruction had to do for that first pic. Hmmm...

EDIT: I just realized that I forgot to use the rendered option in Wings that smooths everything out. So if you're wonering why even surface that are supposed to be round don't look that way, well...that's why.