bzfscron 1.0

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
DTRemenak
General
General

bzfscron 1.0

Post by DTRemenak »

Reference: The original thread for the bzfs 2.0 version of bzfscron is here.

bzfscron allows you to run arbitrary / commands on a schedule. It supports a very complete crontab parser that closely approximates those found on most modern *nix systems. See the ReadMe for more details.

I have checked in a new bzfscron in to CVS HEAD. Those of you who are using the 2.0 version, or who could not but wanted to, please give it a try. It now uses server-side players, introduced in bzfs 2.1, as the functional mechanism. This means no more connecting back to the server, and it should remove all the funky requirements (accepting connections from 127.0.0.1, needing to be in player slot 0, and so on).

Note that SSPs are still very new and untested. You will most likely experience crashes. Please report any crashes you do receive, with the last little bit of log. Testing on bzfscron 1.0 has been very cursory, and as far as I know bzfscron is only the second plugin to actually use SSP functionality. You have been warned.

I haven't tried building or testing on a unix-like system yet. Please let me know if it doesn't work.

The cronjob handler and crontab parser are all still the same as before, so your old crontabs should still work.
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

One of those new ideas that are so simple yet so useful it makes people wonder why they didn't think of it themselves.

Nice application!
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: bzfscron 1.0

Post by optic delusion »

Not working at the moment. http://pastebin.bzflag.bz/f732e4650
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.