another plugin question

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

another plugin question

Post by Mopar Madness »

can the wwzone plugin, or any other plugin make a world weapon that fires constantly stop it from firing, kind of like a regular wwzone plugin except backwards?
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

No plugin currently exists to do that. wwzones could be modified, though, so that it only fires when no players are in that zone instead of the reverse.

I'm not entirely sure why you would want to do this, though, since world weapons were designed to kill tanks and firing them pointlessly just creates unneeded lag.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

A Meteorite wrote:I'm not entirely sure why you would want to do this, though, since world weapons were designed to kill tanks and firing them pointlessly just creates unneeded lag.
its for a map i had idea for, the team flags are in a room with lasers blocking door and a teammate has to go on a certain block to stop laser for just enough time for other teammate to get in and grab flag
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

a plug-in can fire off a world weapon whenever or wherever it wants to.

it can not modify map defined world weapon emitters that may repeat or fire on there own events.

if the plug-in handles the firing of the weapon, it can determine when and where.
ImageJeffM