Plugin Idea: Camp Brag

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Plugin Idea: Camp Brag

Post by I_Died_Once »

We might have to come up with a better name....

Somehow, you specify certain zones to the plugin, and match those zones with a weapons type. Very much like the plyHistory one announces rampages and such... this plugin would talk directly to the player, as well as make occasional announcements. however, it tracks and traces and remembers who has had the most successful camping run with a certain flag, in a certain area.

The two obvious "zones" that come to mind would both be on Planet MoFo, one being under the center cake with OO, shooting outwards. The plugin might tell yuoonce you go on a rampage "Your streak is being watched! pwn those n00bz!" and "$player currently hold the best streak at this spot at 34 kills! You have 12 more to go til you break that record!" ...and when the record gets broken, it makes an announcement to the server and the rest of the players "$$player has broken the camping record under the conter cake! 78 kills!"

The other obvious zone would be on top of the corner roofs with GM, on Planet MoFo. The plugin keeps track of who has the most successful streak on any corner, with GM. It'll need to save info to it's config, perhaps, so it can "remember" steaks from server restart to server restart.

Or, take away the zone aspect of it, and have the plugin do the same tracking, but with all flags. Or all SuperFlags. Players could then say they are the "best" player with any said flag, be it ST, WG, or even Useless. That might be the way to go, right there, without zones. It would be cool to include them, though. I gave my examples based on what goes down on Planet MoFo, these could easily apply to any other "camping spot" on any other map.

...if we can get the server to write the "streak record" to a file, in the order of

flag #kills $player

Code: Select all

WG 46 'H0ley'
GM 34 'Darth Vader'
US 115 'blaster007'
G 7 'Optic Delusion'
Then maybe it could be parsed into a HTML file via a php script, and you could have live web updates.
...is this possible to be done under 2.0.9 ?
...This has been a recording.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

if you did custom map objects like flag stay does you can do it easy.
ImageJeffM
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Okay, so we all camp (and most of us will admit it), but personally I think that camping is something to be discouraged rather than encouraged. It may be fun for the individual doing it, but think of the other players who may get killed many times over without even engaging the camping player in a fight.
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

Constitution wrote:Okay, so we all camp (and most of us will admit it), but personally I think that camping is something to be discouraged rather than encouraged. It may be fun for the individual doing it, but think of the other players who may get killed many times over without even engaging the camping player in a fight.
to my knowledge, i have never camped. i'm just not patient enough to wait for a victim.
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Constitution wrote:Okay, so we all camp (and most of us will admit it), but personally I think that camping is something to be discouraged rather than encouraged. It may be fun for the individual doing it, but think of the other players who may get killed many times over without even engaging the camping player in a fight.
Nah...I find that taking on campers is one of the best parts of the game.

Being a big fan of the rampage plugin, I like this idea too. Maybe there could also be temporary scores, like "best this week" "best today" etc, since in all likelyhood the grand high scores will get very high and many people won't have the chance to break them.

There could also be a /command to see what the current scores are for each flag or zone.
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

Random idea: it'd also be cool to record who ended the person's streak. There are some pretty dedicated anti-campers who would love to have that kind of recognition.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

DTRemenak wrote:Random idea: it'd also be cool to record who ended the person's streak. There are some pretty dedicated anti-campers who would love to have that kind of recognition.
Awwww man, thats a great addendum to the plugin idea. I say include it! (Now, if I can get someone to code this up, it'd be awesome!)
...This has been a recording.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

DTRemenak wrote:There are some pretty dedicated anti-campers...
Mememememe! :-D
I_Died_Once wrote:(Now, if I can get someone to code this up, it'd be awesome!)
Patches welcome. Here are some great places to start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html#c++tutorial