Plug-in idea: Lag warning

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
Joe Mama
Private First Class
Private First Class

Plug-in idea: Lag warning

Post by Joe Mama »

I thought of a plug-in that warns admins when someone logs on to the server and their lag is above the lag limit. If this was already thought of and made then please say so. If it is not possible to make then please say so as well. I'm sure that this will help admins alot because they don't have to keep checking the lagstats. It would help keep the lag down because they know right then and there when the player logs on whether his lag is through the roof :)
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

The system already automatically kicks players for lag. I don't really see much need for admins to be notified before the event. It just sounds like a power trip for cops.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

After a quick look at the API, I don't see any event or function stuff for lag or lagkicks. Doesn't mean that it couldn't be done, just that it would take more code. This might help some admins (who don't usually check lagstats frequently) stay more on top of things, but most good admins do keep on lagstats, and are in tune enough to notice when a player with high lag is jumping around, etc.