Plug-In help

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
io

Plug-In help

Post by io »

Hey I have a plugin souce (TEST1.cpp) and I would like to get it into a .dll form so I could load it onto a server with /loadpluggin C:\Program Files\BZFlag2.0.8\TEST1.dll would anyone be able to make the .cpp file i have into a .dll file for me to run on my server? I'm on windows..=[ i know lol most people run linux and i probably should but i dont so if anyone could help me i'll send the .cpp file to you if you'll make it into a .dll file for me. that would be great!
TankSnipe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TankSnipe »

Ill give it a try, i compiled one today after 10 hours of work. :D
LJuk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by LJuk »

How do you do it? I know CPP Express from Microsoft can't compile into DLLs...
LJuk
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

LJuk
yes, yes it can, many plug-in developers use the Express eddition.

TankSnipe
it's not that hard, you should have come onto IRC to ask for help before spending that much time.

Red Bull
what compiler are you using? if your using some version of Visual C++ then simply copy the SAMPLE_PLUGIN folder, replace the word SAMPLE_PLUGIN with your plugin name in the contents of ALL the files as well as the file names, and then add your code to the cpp file.

Then it's as simple as building the project.

*NOTE*
you will need the API header and export lib. So you ether need to build BZ from the source tree, or make sure the header and lib that we include with the installed verison in the API folder.

If none of this makese sense to any of you, then you probably should learn more about programing before you begin to write plug-ins
ImageJeffM
TankSnipe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TankSnipe »

LJuk wrote:How do you do it? I know CPP Express from Microsoft can't compile into DLLs...
It can you need to start a class file project but as jeff said it easier to use the Sampleplugin thing.

PS: I am banned from irc or i would have gone on there, but i guess i get what i deserve.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Topic has been moved to the appropriate section of the forum. (This isn't a release of a plugin, this is a plug-in development question.)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)