Plugin Request Thread

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Plugin Request Thread

Post by SkillDude »

Sorry about the wait you two, I will get started on these immediately.

Plugin Map Zones has been requested by MG Balloon and added to the queue.

Plugin will be sent to you privately upon completion.
Plugin will display certain user defined messages when players go in certain areas of the map.
-A custom map object called CTFSniper will be used and will contain the parameters: position, size, rotation, message.
-The message parameter defines what message will be displayed when the user enters a zone.
-Messages longer than 70 characters get parsed into multiple messages together.
-Both a public and a private message will be sent upon entering a zone.
-The player has to fully leave a zone and re-enter it in order to trigger a message again.

Plugin is expected to be completed 12 hours from this post.

--------

Plugin Capture the Base has been requested by Sniper752 and added to the queue.

The goal of the plugin is to create a "Capture the Base" play style.
-Assumption Made Plugin uses a custom map object called CTB which will contain the parameters position, size, and color.
-Once an opponent from a different team lands on a base, a message "Base Invaded" will be sent to the team who is getting invaded. The team holding the base will receive a message: "Holding *Color* Base".
-A custom slash command /holdTime will be added to specify how long the base has to be held before it gets captured.
-A custom slash command /capSW will be used as a toggle to turn on and off a capping SW (Which will already be specified by CTF objects)
-Assumption Made Have the countdown timer announce every 15 seconds counting down and then at 10 and 5 seconds before a base is captured.
-Assumption Made A player has to leave the base completely and re enter it in order to attempt to capture it again.
-Assumption Made To execute the slash commands, the permission "CTBMOD" must be given to anyone wishing to use the commands.

Plugin is expected to be completed 12 hours from this post.

If either of you wish to make any modifications, changes, or even clarify what I stated, feel free to edit your posts, I will keep an eye on them during the development of the plugins. Stay tuned.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Again, if you want a "private" plugin, do not use our public forums to request it.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Sniper752
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sniper752 »

sigonasr2 wrote: Plugin Capture the Base has been requested by Sniper752 and added to the queue.

The goal of the plugin is to create a "Capture the Base" play style.
-Assumption Made Plugin uses a custom map object called CTB which will contain the parameters position, size, and color.
-Once an opponent from a different team lands on a base, a message "Base Invaded" will be sent to the team who is getting invaded. The team holding the base will receive a message: "Holding *Color* Base".
-A custom slash command /holdTime will be added to specify how long the base has to be held before it gets captured.
-A custom slash command /capSW will be used as a toggle to turn on and off a capping SW (Which will already be specified by CTF objects)
-Assumption Made Have the countdown timer announce every 15 seconds counting down and then at 10 and 5 seconds before a base is captured.
-Assumption Made A player has to leave the base completely and re enter it in order to attempt to capture it again.
-Assumption Made To execute the slash commands, the permission "CTBMOD" must be given to anyone wishing to use the commands.
All assumptions made are correct. I just want to make sure I understand the syntax correctly for CTB

Code: Select all

CTB
  name redBase
  position 20 -15 0
  rotation 45
  size 30 20 40
  color 1
end
Let me know if this is correct. I also ask that the "rotation" parameter is supported, if it is not already.

Also, can you make the oncap SW to not subtract points from the person who capped the base?

The "Flag alert" and "Team Grab" sounds should sound for "Base Invaded" and "Holding Base" respectively

When a base is captured, the captured team will receive the message "Base captured by *Color* Team"
Thanks!
Last edited by Sniper752 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]::|:|::|Sniper752|::|:|::
Map Maker
Avid Airsofter
Owner: Hosting.BZAddict.net ports 5242 and 5243
Admin: bzsupreme.webarts.bc.ca[/center]
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Code: Select all

CTB
  name redBase
  position 20 -15 0
  rotation 45
  size 30 20 40
  color 1
end
Yes, this would be the correct syntax.

I'll add in rotation support then, and sure thing, we'll make sure the oncap SW doesn't cost points to the capturer.