flag plugin question

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
DeltaFlame
Private First Class
Private First Class

flag plugin question

Post by DeltaFlame »

some time ago i put up a post about how to get a flag plugin to be told that i'd have to make one myself
i have ideas but im not THAT good at computing and need help on how to make my own flags using a plugin
i have ideas for a multi shot flag that shoots 8 shots at angles of 45 degrees (if you dont get this then go on bloons tower defence 1,2,3,4 or 5 and look at the tack tower) and also a flag that's a bit like the tripple barrel on apocolypse in action just it shoots 5 shots instead of 3 and a wide angle that has a reflex angle (an angle in between 180 and 360 (preferably 270)) or one that forces binoculars and a flag thats like machine gun but has normal range and instant reload (i know this might not be possible)

im hoping to get a reply that tells me how to allow flags to have extra shots at different angles and not any "dont just come here there are answers on bzflag wiki" because they dont help anyone

please help
Magick
p.s is the below phrase (on each one of my posts) funny or offensive (PM me if i need to change it)
Ragu sauce: If you gave this to someone who was actually from Italy, they'd punch you in the face.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: flag plugin question

Post by JeffM »

The info isn't on the wiki. The feature you are talking about technically not supported by the API or bzflag.

The people that are doing it now are faking it with world weapons. As a method it has a number of problems but it may good enough for your needs.

The basic idea is to fire off additional world weapon shots when the plugin sees the shot event. You use the player position and shot angle as a basis for your new shots.

There will be a lag from when the shooter shoots his one shot to when he sees the additional shots, and they will not be in sync with the original shot on her screen. The additional shots also will not attribute the kills to the shooter by default since they are from the world. You may want to keep a map of world shots and set the score yourself to compensate.

If you are not great at programing this may be a bit outside your current skill. It may be best to get someone to help you write it.

We do not have any samples of this behavior because as I said, it's kind of a hack.
ImageJeffM
DeltaFlame
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DeltaFlame »

who would you (or anyone) recomend to make these
Ragu sauce: If you gave this to someone who was actually from Italy, they'd punch you in the face.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

http://forums.bzflag.org/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=18066 Please request your plugin correctly to have it handled and done the way you like it. Make sure you read the first post thoroughly if you decide to request.