Loading a plugin for windows

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
DeltaFlame
Private First Class
Private First Class

Loading a plugin for windows

Post by DeltaFlame »

after getting a plugin from Sigonasr2 ive tried to make a server with the plugin loaded but it wont load as i use windows
how do i load the plugin using windows
Ragu sauce: If you gave this to someone who was actually from Italy, they'd punch you in the face.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Loading a plugin for windows

Post by SkillDude »

Alright, 3 things I would like to point out before we go any further:

1) The file you received is called the source code of the plugin. It contains all the instructions ready to be translated by a compiler into machine code. You will need to compile the plugin first to its native format before using it. In Windows' cases, this would be in the form of a DLL.

2) You did not really tell us what you did. What were the commands you ran? How did you try to start up the server? What options did you use? Just saying "it wont load" is not going to help us solve your issue.

3) I highly suggest if you are unfamiliar with hosting maps in general to not even attempt to get plugins working as you do not seem to understand how this works. I know that comes off as a bit rude, but the process has been explained in other posts and getting plugins to compile and loaded onto systems requires a bit of external knowledge outside of just BZFlag itself.

If this is too technical for you, you are better off getting someone else to take care of the hard parts for you.

(As a side note, this probably would have been more appropriate if posted in the Help: Source Code / Compiling / Development topic. Oh well. This is close.)