Plug-in & API questions?

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Plug-in & API questions?

Post by Zehra »

Hi all,

I'm thinking of a few ideas, but not sure if it's currently possible for them to work.

Like is it possible to set a world weapon guided missile and have a player set the lock-on from the world weapon guided missile?
Since according to the BZWiki it's possible to set a lock-on, but it doesn't seem to have the option of letting the player set the lock-on.
I'm thinking the Bz_fireWorldGM would work, but not sure if lock-on would work.
(I'm thinking of an overdone custom superflag which fires an array of guided missiles and would like to provide the option for lock-on by player.)

Granting permissions based on groups?
I'm thinking that it would be nice to provide a way of granting extra permissions based on groups, but not grant permissions to the groups themselves.
So like if a player is a member of this and that group it grants a permission instead of just adding permissions to groups.
Example1: Like if player 1 is member of EXAMPLE.COP and EXAMPLE.ADMIN, then they are granted permissions of EXAMPLE.OWNER.
(Both groups wouldn't provide owner permissions, but permissions are granted because they're a member of both and it wouldn't require another global group for adding permissions too and does not require adding BZIDs like SuperUser needs to function.)
So would granting permissions based on this create a conflict with group permissions?
It seems the API supports this with the bz_grantPerm, bz_groupAllowPerm and bz_getGroupPerms.

Setting world weapons?
There's the useless mine, wwzones plug-in and the turret plug-in which have been made and released.
(iirc there even was one which fired targeted world weapons toward players too.)
This question is for two different plug-in ideas. (One is for a targeting plug-in and the other is for a more complex version of useless mines.)
I'm not sure if it's possible to set a world weapon which would be activated and target based on certain zones.
So basically is it possible to set world weapons which lock-on/target players and expire based on a set number of shots?
Like /activate target GM command would be used and it would set a world weapon system.
Basically targeted shots are launched at players and it's a non-static world weapon zones which expires once a shot limit is reached and the zones can be set by players like useless mines can be laid by players and doesn't target players who set it.)
(So it's not useless mines which have only one shot and not wwzones which don't award points to players and remain static and is not one which requires a player to work or activate it like turrets plug-in... minus the one which enters the targeting zones.)
Second idea is a plug-in which fires world weapons at players and specifically targets them, unlike wwzones.
Like it would launch a circular array of shots, rows and waves of shots, and even launching guided missiles possibly toward players.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Re: Plug-in & API questions?

Post by allejo »

Zehra wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:44 pm Like is it possible to set a world weapon guided missile and have a player set the lock-on from the world weapon guided missile?
Since according to the BZWiki it's possible to set a lock-on, but it doesn't seem to have the option of letting the player set the lock-on.
I'm thinking the Bz_fireWorldGM would work, but not sure if lock-on would work.
(I'm thinking of an overdone custom superflag which fires an array of guided missiles and would like to provide the option for lock-on by player.)
Nope. The client can't interact with the API in this way.
Zehra wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:44 pm Setting world weapons?
There's the useless mine, wwzones plug-in and the turret plug-in which have been made and released.
(iirc there even was one which fired targeted world weapons toward players too.)
This question is for two different plug-in ideas. (One is for a targeting plug-in and the other is for a more complex version of useless mines.)
I'm not sure if it's possible to set a world weapon which would be activated and target based on certain zones.
So basically is it possible to set world weapons which lock-on/target players and expire based on a set number of shots?
Like /activate target GM command would be used and it would set a world weapon system.
Basically targeted shots are launched at players and it's a non-static world weapon zones which expires once a shot limit is reached and the zones can be set by players like useless mines can be laid by players and doesn't target players who set it.)
(So it's not useless mines which have only one shot and not wwzones which don't award points to players and remain static and is not one which requires a player to work or activate it like turrets plug-in... minus the one which enters the targeting zones.)
Second idea is a plug-in which fires world weapons at players and specifically targets them, unlike wwzones.
Like it would launch a circular array of shots, rows and waves of shots, and even launching guided missiles possibly toward players.
Sure.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Plug-in & API questions?

Post by Zehra »

Ty allejo,

I'll see if I'll be able to write a few plug-ins soon.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread