Plugin Idea - The Narrator

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Plugin Idea - The Narrator

Post by I_Died_Once » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:50 am

OK, this plugin use telephony technology to convert world event data into voice, as the plugin would convert text to sound...

Just kidding.

I'm looking through some of the API documentation, and I see you can make plugins "do things" based off of these events... in bold are my ideas for things the plugin can have the server /say

$Player is a variable, insert a player's callsign here, $color - insert team color here

bz_ePlayerDieEvent A player gets killed $Player has bit the big one!
bz_ePlayerSpawnEvent A player joins as a tank Roll out the red carpet, $Player is here!
bz_ePlayerJoinEvent A user joins the server ( player or observer ) Make way for $Player
bz_ePlayerPartEvent A user leaves the server ( player or observer ) $Player has left the building!
bz_eGetPlayerSpawnPosEvent The server needs a spawn position for a player
bz_eGetAutoTeamEvent The server is assigning a player to a team automatically $Player, welcome to the $color team
bz_eAllowPlayer The server is about to allow or disallow a player $Player, take it somewhere else!
bz_eGetPlayerInfoEvent The server needs the info bits about a player
bz_eAllowSpawn The server is about to allow a player to spawn
bz_eListServerUpdateEvent The server is about to update the list server with new information

Not sure if this would require a config file, but the idea is for the plugin to take otherwise simple and discarded info and make a narrative descriptive of things going on.

I'm thinking it should report and /say these things in the manner of a game show host for some reason.

#################

I also see

bz_eZoneEntryEvent A player enters a zone ( not implemented )
bz_eZoneExitEvent A player exits a zone ( not implemented )

I got this other idea, where the goal is to find a flag - place the flag in a zone of its own, place a coupe of other zones on the map, and the server can tell you "you're getting hot!" "you're getting cold!" "OMG You're burning up!"
...This has been a recording.

RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:45 pm

Haha, that would be a great plugin, too bad school had to start, I'm loaded with things to do. With all the API changes going in, I'll make more plugins once a 2.0.4 stable comes out, that way I won't be worried about upgrading every plugin when the API changes.

I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:53 pm

You're not allowed to work on anyhting else until you finish up the racetoseven plugin
...This has been a recording.

RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:28 pm

D'OH!