Plugin idea...

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Plugin idea...

Post by ducatiwannabe »

This would be a real HTF (Hold the flag)...

A person holds a flag (say Useless) and the longer he holds it the more points he gets...OR, whoever holds it would be "it", sort of like rabbit chase, but different in the way that anybody can shoot anybody like free for all to pick it up....

Would it be possible to program a plugin to do it or would you have to mod bzfs to do this?

Maybe people don't get what I'm saying, I hope I was clear.

Kinda like Shine Theif in Mario Kart :)
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Theme97 »

Hm.

You could do this.

L4m3r, go make this plugin!

(I could TRY, but seeing as how I'm a real n00b at this stuff... I just got lucky in making RSWE!)

I think you'd have to use bz_eTickEvent, then run a bz_getPlayerByIndex for every player, then check his/her flag, then add the points, then tell the score every X ticks...?
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

We won't be able to change individual scores until 2.1.x. This will open up a ton of new game mode possibilities.

I'm holding off on most new modes until this happens, because it's so important. Steal the bacon won't even work right until team scores can be modified.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Theme97 »

Can't you just store it in a little array and then show everyone every X ticks?
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Sure you could, but it'd be hard to make it actually do anything about it. You can announce scores, but that's usually quite ghetto, and would not alter gameplay at all. It'd still be all-rogue FFA, basically.

The ideal solution for something like this would be better control over rabbit games, which gives me some API suggestion ideas... but the easiest thing would be to wait for 2.1.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Plugin idea...

Post by tw1sted »

ducatiwannabe wrote:A person holds a flag (say Useless) and the longer he holds it the more points he gets...OR, whoever holds it would be "it", sort of like rabbit chase, but different in the way that anybody can shoot anybody like free for all to pick it up....
umm thats axactly like rabbit hunt. you can set it so the person that kills the rabit, is the rabbit. i still like the idea of the flag though
JPT
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JPT »

Isn't there a "rouge" flag ?

You could use it. (I see this flag on Planet Mofo FFA, if i've got a Bad Flag)
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

no, no. that's the antidote flag. it means your bad flag goes away when you drive over it.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Theme97 »

Lmao! :)

I've checked the wikipedia a long time ago and it says that there used to be a rogue base that had a flag. Other teams could cap it and all the rogues would go boom—if a rogue took a team flag and brought it to the base, that team would go boom. But I wonder about the scores...?

And how was this done? With a modded BZFS?

Anyway, it would be quite ghetto with the scores and all, but until the API changes, can't we just use it and wait?