BETA: killLimits

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

BETA: killLimits

Post by L4m3r »

This plugin is has a lot of code in it, and it uses a conf, so I thought it would be a good idea to test it more thoroughly before a full release.

killLimits are like flag shot limits, only they count kills instead of shots. I feel this can help ease the camper problem without the restrictive feeling of shot limits.

The plugin uses a separate config file (example included in the zip). load it with a parameter that tells BZFS the path to your conf, e.g.

-loadplugin /plugins/killLimits.so,/path/killLimits.conf

Features include:
The option of whether or count geno kills by total kills, or by direct hits only.
Optionally relative kill limits, which vary the limit by how many players are present.

More substantial documentation is pending. Until then, look at the conf. ;) You'll have to compile it yourself, as well, unless you're in windows.

Hopefully I've fixed the bugs that were in the last "version" (which theme97 has been using).

Unfortunately I don't have a demo running right now, because I'm not running a game that would lend itself well to this plugin. When I restart my standard MoFo CTF game, I'll use it, though.

So please, play with it and report any bugs. :)
Attachments
killLimits_beta.zip
beta
(56.63 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BETA: killLimits

Post by Theme97 »

L4m3r wrote:killLimits are like flag shot limits, only they count kills instead of shots. I feel this can help ease the camper problem without the restrictive feeling of shot limits.
In my opinion, it would be quite powerful to use both. :)
For example, setting a Genocide shotlimit to, I don't know, maybe 10, and setting the killLimit to 5. Just a random idea I had. :/
L4m3r wrote:Hopefully I've fixed the bugs that were in the last "version" (which theme97 has been using).
Hehe, I feel so special. :D
If you use 1n or 2n or Xn, it also counts the player. Did I already ask for this to be a togglable option?
L4m3r wrote:Unfortunately I don't have a demo running right now, because I'm not running a game that would lend itself well to this plugin. When I restart my standard MoFo CTF game, I'll use it, though.
The InstaKill rotation is running it. However, since it's so different from a normal server, I doubt anyone's going to visit.

PS. You finally released it! Did you fix that Steamroller bug? ;)
PPS. Isn't it possible to get the playerRecord of someone when a tank gets blown up by this person? Then you could return the flag that's being carried by this person. Was that your workaround?
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Theme97 wrote: In my opinion, it would be quite powerful to use both. :)
For example, setting a Genocide shotlimit to, I don't know, maybe 10, and setting the killLimit to 5. Just a random idea I had. :/
Yes, easily doable, in certain applications.
Theme97 wrote:If you use 1n or 2n or Xn, it also counts the player. Did I already ask for this to be a togglable option?
Pending.
Theme97 wrote:PS. You finally released it! Did you fix that Steamroller bug? ;)
PPS. Isn't it possible to get the playerRecord of someone when a tank gets blown up by this person? Then you could return the flag that's being carried by this person. Was that your workaround?
Yes, but only when the API reports no flag. It works quite nicely with steamrolling, because you have to have the flag at the exact instant you make the kill, whereas with others the shot can hit someone after you've died, etc.

Also, I've attempted to fix the "kills left" messages after you've died, etc.
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Theme97 »

L4m3r wrote:Pending.
Will look forward to the next release.
L4m3r wrote:Yes, but only when the API reports no flag. It works quite nicely with steamrolling, because you have to have the flag at the exact instant you make the kill, whereas with others the shot can hit someone after you've died, etc.
Well, then, was that your workaround to SR? :/
L4m3r wrote:Also, I've attempted to fix the "kills left" messages after you've died, etc.
You mean the suicide message? :P
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Theme97 wrote:Well, then, was that your workaround to SR? :/
Yes.
Theme97 wrote:You mean the suicide message? :P
Is that fixed?
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Theme97 »

I don't know, haven't tried it yet.
Happy is still in the old 2.0.5 days. :(