Progressive Flag Mode, using Python

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Progressive Flag Mode, using Python

Post by optic delusion »

I've been working with mmarshall on the first plugins that will use Python language. The first thing I have to say is that I take Zero credit for any of the programming here. The Progressive Mode plugin is written in python, and mmarsahll is writing the python plugin. It's all his work. He has also written a "Missile Silo" plugin in python, and it's in 2.1 head.
I will take resposibility only for the Idea of progressive mode, and that's all I can talk to, so here it is:

Progressive Mode is a stepping stone to another mode, that I hope to see someday, called "Defender", but that's another story.

In progressive mode you earn flags, they are not random. Each kill you make raises your "flag level" The number on the left is how many kills it takes to get to that "flag level"
0. When you spawn, you do not have a flag.
1. As soon as you make a kill, you are given a shield flag.
2. Another kill gets you QT MG or IB
4. Now you need two kills to progress a flag level. A or V flag is given. to you.
6. Two more kills fives you ST or T
8. Shockwave.
11. GM or Laser.
16. Genocide.
25. Wings.... fly away home!

There's some flags I left out, and we're working on making TK's give you a bad flag. We've got a server up, and it's pretty buggy, but there doesnt seem to be any insurmountable problems.
We'll try to work out the bugs a soon as we can.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Theme97 »

Like we discussed....

I'm working on the C++ version.