f5kicker 1.1

Expand and mod your server.
flying_popcorn
Private First Class
Private First Class

f5kicker 1.1

Post by flying_popcorn »

Version 1.1. small bug fix, parameter added.
Author: flying_popcorn + code from playerHistoryTracker
Description: This auto kicks/bans F5ers
Min Version: idk...tested in 2.0.10 but i assume it will work in earlier versions
Files: Attached is the plugin source

After 4 F5s, it will warn the player. 4 more, and it will kick them. If they rejoin and F5 4 more times, it will ban them for 1 day.

If they don't F5 for 8 minutes, their F5 counter will get reset.

1 parameter: How many f5's before warn/kick/ban. Defaults to 4.

Caution: I tested it to make sure it works. It appears to work perfectly. But, if there is a bug, it could be bad if it bans people.

License: GPLv3
Attachments
f5kicker.cpp
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Last edited by flying_popcorn on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

pretty cool! Thanks popcorn!
dereliction of duty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dereliction of duty »

good job popcorn, thanks.
flying_popcorn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flying_popcorn »

New version... 1.1
Now has a parameter for how many F5's before warn/kick/ban.
Also a small bug fix.

I wanted to add more parameters, like ban length, but I can't find a good way to split the parameter string :(
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Please tell me how this works, exactly.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Optic Delusion wrote:Please tell me how this works, exactly.
It watches for the paused event. A quick pause is probably a screenshot.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Anxuiz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anxuiz »

Here's a Windows build for the plugin if anyone cares.

Built with BZFlag 2.0.10 API and VC++8
It compiles, but I dont know if it works.
Attachments
f5kicker.zip
f5kicker win32 build
(21.54 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: f5kicker 1.1

Post by Zehra »

Updated to 2.4

f5kicker

-Zehra

If this doesn't work, let me know.
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Honestly not even sure this one does anything anymore. The screenshot code was redone to use a thread years ago so it wouldn't cause the issue with the tank passing through solid objects. I'm thinking we also don't trigger a pause when we screenshot anymore.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Super Android 13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Super Android 13 »

I've done a few screenshots on this game before, but I don't remember the game pausing at all to take the screenshot. It may have done so in the past, but that was years ago, probably before I even started playing this game. However, I have an idea. :arrow: We could possibly keep the plugin for a while just to see if it actually still works, and if people still do the F5 thing. However, if no one gets warned or kicked by it, then it could be time to figure out something else for this plugin. This part is up to you admins.

I wish I could be playing the game right now with you guys, but for now, I cannot, and must remain within forums. Keep on battling!
- Buzzy_Beetle
I play lots of games, though this older game is still one of my favorites. Whenever I am not busy with work, you may find me occasionally on the Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, or Quickshot servers.

Formerly Buzzy_Beetle, MORTIS, Android 16

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

It basically is not useful these days, but might be useful as a template for other things.
I have a few ideas, so you might see some interesting things come from me in the future.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

There are some other things we do, but we don't talk much (in public) about exactly how we do cheat detection.
A couple weeks ago I found out I was using something new for over six months, and I didn't even know about it. They snuck it in on me.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.