Wolverine 1.0 (Expiremental Invincibility)

Expand and mod your server.
Strakowski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wolverine 1.0 (Expiremental Invincibility)

Post by Strakowski »

No, this plugin does not give your tank adamantium claws, but what's the next best thing about wolverine? 75% of you probably just said something about mutton chops, but the remaining 25% almost definitely said rapid healing. That is more of what I had in mind. :D

I feel kind of bad about clogging this forum with such a little add-on, but I had so much fun driving around destroying bots while testing that I decided to post it alone after all (Hooray for first release!).

Basically, when Wolverine loads, an admin can simply type "/invincible on" and they will receive a Shield flag. When that admin gets hit and drops the shield flag, he picks it up instantly. This way, the admin could stand in the crossfire of the fastest machine gun, with no worries but a very cluttered console. This plugin is intended for testing world weapons and other physical elements that cannot be tested in observer mose. USE IT WISELY; abuse = lame.

LICENSE: MIT

RELEASE NOTES: I have tested this plugin thoroughly, but it will still be declared beta (as is custom) until the public has confirmed there are no major bugs (So give me a hand!) .

P.S. Try loading this plugin and taking on 10 or 15 bots. It's abnormally fun. :P

-Strakowski

UPDATE: This plug in will most likely not function on global servers (see posts below)
Attachments
WolverineWin.zip
Wolverine.dll (Compiled for windows)
(11.36 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Wolverine.cpp
Wolverine C++ Source
(3.56 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Last edited by allejo on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Added plugin license per author's request
Strakowski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Wolverine 1.0 (Invincible)

Post by Strakowski »

UPDATE: I found the first sort of "bug". Though I am pretty sure this as a close as I can get to true-invincibility ( at least with the current mechanism), this does not always function if you drive forawrd into a chain of bullets, but it works fine while standing still. So it should work pretty well for the purpose it's intended, but if there is a very rapid string of bullets, make sure to hit it diagonally. I would love it to work perfectly, but there's nothing I can do about the speed in which servers process different tasks :| .

(Update to this update (boy this is a mess): turns out that this "bug" was caused by my 1ms of local lag during testing, and is the same problem that blast pointed out below.)
Last edited by Strakowski on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It probably won't work nearly as well if there is any amount of lag. On a local server, you'd not notice much of an issue. But if you have 200ms of lag, that's almost a half second between when you drop the flag and when the server would be able to tell you that you grabbed another SH flag.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Strakowski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Strakowski »

oh dear. I didn't really intend it for global servers anyway, there was never really much of an application. As I said before, it's worth it just for local testing, and it's essentially a prelude to my next releases. Though I must admit, that never even crossed my mind :doh: Maybe this topic could be moved to the "plug-in development section".
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Wolverine 1.0 (Expiremental Invincibility)

Post by Zehra »

Updated to 2.4

Wolverine 1.0

-Zehra

(If this doesn't work for some reason, let me know.)
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread