SteamRoller Race (Obstacle Course)

Expand and mod your server.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

SteamRoller Race (Obstacle Course)

Post by optic delusion »

Many Thanks to Blast and Murielle for coding this plugin for me.

Here's something new that I hope makes obstacle course maps more exciting.
The basic concept.
1. All players spawn at the same point.
2. They race over obstacles to reach a steamroller flag, and somebody "wins".
3. _srRadiusMult is set to a ridiculously high value, so everybody who did not reach the flag is crushed.
4. The plugin now kills the winner too.
5. All players now spawn at a new point, and the process starts over.
6. Simple, huh?
Each map section of obstacles can be almost anything. All it needs is two zones: A spawnzone for tanks and a zoneflag zone for steamroller. Each section should be self-contained, as players should not be able to leave the current section.

Spawnzones include several nice features:
a. Spawn Azimuth- Tanks are facing in a certain direction when they spawn.
b. Variable Sets. Very Nice! Each section of obstacles can have it's own variables. They are automatically reset when that section is won.
c. NOKILL. The client knows what kind of shot it shot. However, we can tell everyone else that the shot was a phantom-zoned shot. The result is that you can shoot yourself, but no one else.
d. Spawnzone ID number. Tells the plugin what order to use the various zones on the map.

Watch for updates! This release is a little bit premature, because some mappers want to test the zones
There is a fairly severe problem, players who pause may be left behind on the last section. We are going to just kill anybody who pauses.
Will probably add a text display during the countdown.
Attachments
steamrollerRace.zip
SR Race Designed by Optic Delusion, written by Blast and Murielle
(634.54 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: SteamRoller Race (Obstacle Course)

Post by Zehra »

Updated to 2.4

Link to plug-in: SteamrollerRace

-Zehra

(Minor fix needed on windows, if I have time I'll post on update on it. [Should run fine on Linux though.])
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread