Checkpoint - (the maintained version)

Expand and mod your server.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Checkpoint - (the maintained version)

Post by allejo »

Here is my reimplementation of the Checkpoint plugin originally written by mrapple. This version of the plug-in allows for more configuration options and more features for players.

Checkpoints are a way to create zones within maps (often in obstacle courses) that allow players to save their spawn locations in certain areas of the map. Spawn locations are automatically saved when a player enters the zone, but if they'd like to modify their spawn location or rotation within a zone, they can.

With the introduction of a /checkpoints command, players can now interact with and switch checkpoints they'd like to spawn in. Want to go back to a different part of the map? Now you can! Ever get kicked off a server and lose your latest checkpoint? As long as you're playing with a registered BZFlag account, your checkpoints will be saved for 5 minutes after you leave to allow for you to reconnect by default; server owners can extend this duration via a BZDB variable.

The CHECKPOINT object is mostly compatible with the original plugin's version with the exception that my checkpoints require unique names for each one.

See the README file for documentation on how to use the map objects and all of their properties.

All development for this plug-in occurs on GitHub, so be sure to follow development and new releases there; I will very rarely update this post with updates on new releases. The link below will always point to the latest stable release.

Plug-in Download (BZFS 2.4.20+)
[ GitHub | README | Download | MIT ]