Plugin ideas

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Plugin ideas

Post by I_Died_Once »

I got a few ideas for different plugins... I'm not sure how these would work, but heres the ideas anyway. Jeff, feel free to move this if it needs to be elsewhere

fixed flag spawn - this is derived from the Monopoly board idea for the jail there... It might can use a supplentary map to go "on top" of whatever map is in use. In the second map, or its config file - whatever - you specify coordinates as to where the flag needs to be and what kind of flag it needs to be. Once the flag is picked up, it remains in use as normal, and when it is dropped (either intentionally or when its carrier gets killed) the flag spawns right back where the config tells it to.

Uses include staging narrow and obese fir the jail idea... another idea I see for it would be something like... placing a guided missile flag next to the PERFECT spot for GM, or having a "sword in the stone" where after a couple of impossible jumps, you make it to the sole geno flag on a map. Maybe you can make the config files something like a .bzw map

Of course, in the server .conf file, there must be ample flags available for the plugin to work. If you set the plugin to make one laser be at the center of the map via the plugin/s config, and you supply the server with two laser flags, then one should be cneter as per the plugin, and the other be at random places on the map, as per the norm.

The idea needs work, but thats about it right there.
...This has been a recording.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

"zones" :roll:

zone
name WG
position 0 0 0
size 100 100 15
rotation 0
flag WG
end
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Another idea

a flag stripper - I have hard of people using a theif world weapon before... I'm not sure if that would be the ticket ad would eliminate the need for a plugin, but plugin or not - the idea is for something, be it a teleporter or a weapon to somehow, someway take whatever flag a player has away from them.

In needs to be "regional" - when a tank drives over a certain coordinates, or if his tank lands on a platform thats pressure plated or something... the tnak;s flag, if he has one, good or bad - is effectively taken away.

This one needs work, I know.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

When using zones, set the maximum pickups for flags to 1 - so that the flag will dissapear when it is dropped and reappear in the zone.

I suggest using WW Thief for your second idea, Vader, but we/you could write a plugin to do this too.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

at present plugins don't really have any way to know where zones are, since the server dosnt' track them.

the server actualy does very little with postion.

it will be better in 2.1.x hopefully
ImageJeffM
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

...what I REALLY want to get ahold of is "Pie In The Sky" 's insult script and name calling script. The one that goes "Darth Vader overdosed on a bad hit of crack sold to him by BIYA"

me1 - Is that an already existing ordeal I can just put into a map, or does that go with one of those plugins? How do I specify multiple flags in the zone?

Post by Guest »

Darth, zones have been around since 2.0.0.
Just use the sizer and position like a regular (mesh)box...
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

I_Died_Once
pm me a list of insults you woudl like put in a plugin, and i'll see what I can do.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

I have a few plugin ideas. I think there should be a plugin that claps when someone tks. That would add to the embarrassment tremendously. The plugin that claps and does a sw worldweapon when you kill someone shows how this *might* work. Dunno if it really is possible. My other idea is a greatly enhanced version of the playHistoryTracker plugin, that can read text to display after a certain # of kills from a file or use a huge database of random messages. Also I think hiding the sender of messages using the /say command should be made into a plugin, I already know at least two servers wanting this feature. Dunno how many of those ideas are feasible.
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

I belive people dont really know what Janitor is.. But its a "on a event, do that", so The insult script can be done with it and eg. fortune executable (already possible and tested with the v0.6 version). Claps on TK is anohter good example, which will be supported when its done. Currently (v0.6) it can on get output from executables, but next release will be able to change settings/do stuff directly on the server, making it possible to do claps on tk, or do so /set command when people captures.
I don't need huge pictures here.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

i would like one that, dang, i forgot already, ill edit my post when i remember..
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage