Support for Mac OS X and other operating system plugins

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

eating paste

Post by optic delusion »

Learner, here's a text file of the terminal you requested.

I still haven't done anything to the build with client disabled, not even "make" on a plugin. I don't have to, right?
Attachments
cvs error term.txt
I think I see what you are looking for
(251 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
learner
General
General

Post by learner »

RPG wrote:(as nothing can be 100% stable)
Hehe, sure it can. It's just incredibly insanely expensive and complicated to the point of utter impracticality to guarantee 100%. But.. it is possible.

It's also not fun. Fly by the seat coding is much more rewarding.. ;-)
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Fly by the seat? Use a flyswatter. Fwooop-SPLAT!

Post by optic delusion »

Well, bzfs works from the good CVS, I thought I had a pretty good Idea of how to load a plugin, but now they've been moved, renamed, re-typed (now dylib) and I still don't know if I need to rum make on them.

I've tried about sixteen ways to load a plugin from within a 2.0.0 client, it looks to me that the command would look like this for me, but it doesn't load.... do I need underscore?

/loadplugin bearded/cvs/bzflag/plugins/airspawn/.libs/libairspawn.dylib

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

PLUGIN LOADED

Post by optic delusion »

Now I read alot of posts over again and come up with
/loadplugin /usr/local/lib/libairspawn.dylib
plugin loaded

thirty minutes later, the first time I ever had to use force quit on the terminal.

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Idunno

Post by optic delusion »

I think the crash was at least partly due to the fact that I had not restarted my machine in several days, and had half a dozen terminals open.

Now I put some more plugins in the conf and start the server

Plugin:/usr/local/lib/libairspawn.dylib loaded

Plugin:/usr/local/lib/libroguegenocide.dylib found but does not contain bz_Load method, error dlcompat: Symbol "_bz_Load" not found
WARNING: unable to load the plugin; /usr/local/lib/libroguegenocide.dylib
Plugin:/usr/local/lib/libplayhistorytracker.dylib found but does not contain bz_Load method, error dlcompat: Symbol "_bz_Load" not found
WARNING: unable to load the plugin; /usr/local/lib/libplayhistorytracker.dylib
Plugin:/usr/local/lib/libshockwavedeath.dylib found but does not contain bz_Load method, error dlcompat: Symbol "_bz_Load" not found
WARNING: unable to load the plugin; /usr/local/lib/libshockwavedeath.dylib
./bzfs: can't map file: /usr/local/lib/ ((os/kern) invalid argument)

learner
General
General

Post by learner »

A new build style was just checked in for the sake of the plugins that should hopefully take care of the "Symbol 'something' not found" load errors. It should be available in a couple hours from the date of this posting.

There is now no longer a "lib" prefix on the plugins, and all platforms use a .so extension (e.g. shockwavedeath.so now). They should still be installed before using them, but they should also work uninstalled from the .libs directory now too. If it doesn't work, make sure you can fully build and sucessfully install before complaining that they don't work please.. ;)

Enjoy
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Still the same

Post by optic delusion »

A first glance it looks exactly the same. I still have to ./configure --disable-client and only the airspawn plugin loads.
With all the changes, I'm not sure exactly how to install the plugins.
....reading....

OK they all loaded....forgot to "sudo" with make install. I wonder why only airspawn worked without being installed. I guess it was still there from yesterday, but then it was a dylib file. Hmmm...
Now on to the racetoseven plugin...

Learner, can you please help me compile the racetoseven plugin on macintosh. I'm guessing here...as usual...is this how it would go?
1. Download a copy of the entire source tree.
2. Place racetoseven in the plugin folder.
3. Continue compiling.

I need to wait for RPG to release a racetoseven build for the current API,
He said it would be ready today.

OK-- Now 36 hours later, Its been running trouble free with airspawn, roguegeno, playhistory, and shockdeath. Double WOOT!

Toughshooter has done a compile of racetoseven......