Expand and mod your server.
macsforme
General
General

showAdmin

Post by macsforme »

Author: Constitution, original hideAdmin plugin by unknown author
Description: Gives players with SHOWADMIN permission an '@' by their name
Min Version: 2.0.8 (may work with earlier versions, but has not been tested)

Have you ever wanted to have an admin group without the BAN or SHORTBAN permission while still allowing them to have an '@' by their name on the scoreboard? Now you can! This plugin is a simple modification of the hideAdmin plugin included with the BZFlag source (if you are the author, please tell me who you are so I can give you the credit). All you have to do to get the '@' symbol to show up next to someone's name is specify the SHOWADMIN permission in their group. For instance, to have an admin group with small permissions, specify the following in your groups file:

Code: Select all

JRCOPS: +ADMINMESSAGERECEIVE +KICK +PLAYERLIST +SHOWADMIN
That's it! This accomplishes a very simple task, but can be useful depending on your needs. See the readme for more information.
Attachments
showAdmin.mac.zip
PPC Mac binary
(9.58 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
showAdmin.linux.zip
X86 Linux binary
(3.64 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
showAdmin.zip
Source code and readme
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
ts
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by ts »

Heh, I was planning to add this perm right into the server. Just had not enough time to do it. :(
GU league: http://www.guleague.org/
An introduction to TCP: http://www.lafkon.net/tc/
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

ts wrote:Heh, I was planning to add this perm right into the server. Just had not enough time to do it. :(
Please do... I think that's how it should be done. Until then, though, this will allow people to use this functionality in their group setups.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Re: showAdmin

Post by allejo »

Plugin updated to 2.4
Attachments
showAdmin.cpp
BZFlag 2.4
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Re:

Post by allejo »

Constitution wrote:
ts wrote:Heh, I was planning to add this perm right into the server. Just had not enough time to do it. :(
Please do... I think that's how it should be done. Until then, though, this will allow people to use this functionality in their group setups.
8 years later... It made it to the build, commit 0e7d84b. This plug-in is now obsolete when using a BZFlag build after today.

As a side note, hideAdmin supersedes the showAdmin permission. So a player with both permissions will have their @ hidden regardless of the showAdmin permission.