New BZFlag Wiki

Important stuff goes here.
joevano
General
General

New BZFlag Wiki

Post by joevano »

I am happy to announce the new service that you have all been wondering about, from the BZFlag MOTD (Message of the Day)! We now have a new "official" BZFlag Wiki. The address for the wiki is http://my.bzflag.org/w. I would like to thank the provider(s) of the bzflag.org server for giving us the space and bandwidth on the server to host this great new service. Also, thanks to so many people from the #bzflag IRC channel (and a few others) who have been working on it for the past month or so. We already have 126 articles and are always looking for more.

The whole idea of a wiki is that it allows visitors to add, remove, and otherwise edit and change content of the pages (ok, most of the pages ;)). Feel free to contribute relevant information and articles. There are help pages on the site to help you while editing. The site is self policing, and registration is not required for editing (at this point in time, and hopefully never). Unfortunately, the registration for the wiki is separate from the forums login. If you want credit for your post in the history of the article (rather than just the IP address) you must be logged in.

Have fun with this. The goal is to make it a resource for answering all of your questions concerning everything BZ. If you have knowledge please share it.
learner
General
General

3 month update

Post by learner »

After almost three months being on-line, there are now over 476 articles in the new BZFlag Wiki with nearly 2500 page edits and almost 125 thousand page views. Thanks again to donny_baker for setting up such a great community resource and to everyone in the community for editing the wiki. Keep up the great edits, keep adding that content!

Cheers!
Sean
[Adm]Theon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Home page link

Post by [Adm]Theon »

I think the home page link for the Wiki would look better if it were a modified version of THIS instead of a folder. XD
captainmack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by captainmack »

is their an easy way to >browse< the wiki? with search you need to know what you want to find out and with random page its just too... random. i want to just read up on general knowledge and i havent found a good way to do that.
"So you think that money is the root of all evil? Have you ever asked what is the root of money?"

Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

captainmack wrote:is their an easy way to >browse< the wiki? with search you need to know what you want to find out and with random page its just too... random. i want to just read up on general knowledge and i havent found a good way to do that.
See the links a little farther down? Click them.

"Areas of Interest"
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

More or less, the wiki can be navigated with categories. However, it's not a manual. it's not really designed to be read in a linear fashion, but more intended for users to look up whatever they need to know quickly and easily.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

If you use Firefox, the job of searching and finding is a whole lot easier...

1. Go to http://my.bzflag.org/w/
2. Press the icon in the left of your search bar (might be a [G] for Google Search, or it may be different).
3. Next to the bottom, you should see a option that says 'Add "BZFlagWiki (English)"' Choose it.
4. Now, your icon in the search bar should look like a little tank.
5. Search for whatever you want on the BZFlag Wiki!

(Note: This also works for almost any other wiki that can be found on the interweb. Try it.)