Important stuff goes here.
Noodleroni
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZFlag 1.10 is gold!

Post by Noodleroni »

w00!!

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/bzflag/

P.S. It may take a while for a build to be made for your platform, but the source is there if you want to contribute one
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Windows installer, and source zip file are posted now
ImageJeffM
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

does this mean we can use this version?! :)
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
oblomov
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oblomov »

Good, I could finally get to play on these news servers :)

One question though: how do I change how the team colors get painted? They are *way* too faint for me. I knew how to set the colors in the 1.7 versions. What about the new one?
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by Chestal »

oblomov wrote: One question though: how do I change how the team colors get painted? They are *way* too faint for me. I knew how to set the colors in the 1.7 versions. What about the new one?
Find the config file. On Unix it's ~/.bzf/config[.hostname]. Edit it and add something like

set redradar "0.8 0.0 0.0"
oblomov
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oblomov »

ah so that's the difference. You need quotes around the settings. Ok, thanks, will do.

Oh, one major bug in the Win32 distirbution: the server distributed (bzfs.exe) is version 1.9.5 BETA ??? (or at least it reports as such and is therefore unusable)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

oblomov wrote:the server distributed (bzfs.exe) is version 1.9.5 BETA
I just noticed that too. Also, the shortcuts the installer creates in the Server folder still have the port reconnect (-pr) option, which has been removed in 1.9/1.10. Plus, the shortcuts in the Doc folder point to non-existant files. There are some other bugs in the NSIS script too, but I forget what they are.

I found that 1.10 is still using the filename "bzflag19.bzc" for the configuration file. But that's no big deal.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

MrApathyCream
Dev Wizard
Dev Wizard

Post by MrApathyCream »

Thanks blast:

We are very much interested in fixing anything you find. Please post problems to http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=103248

Obviously that goes for everyone :)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I'll have to start a list of bugs I find. I'll see if there are any I can fix too. :wink:
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

please report all bugs to the SF bug site, so they can be tracked. And if you fix them get dev status so you can check them in :)
ImageJeffM
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

A new Windows installer ( 1.10.0 - 1) has been updated on sourceforge. It fixes the version number issue in the bzfs.exe build from the origonal installer. ( note this is not 1.10.1, just a rebuild of the 1.10.0 code )

the URL is
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bzfl ... e?download
ImageJeffM
oblomov
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oblomov »

Thank you very much
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

This new version is pretty good except it has a couple bugs to be worked out.
1. it has the problem with GM that it had in 1.7g2 where you blow your self up with this flag
2. you can't hit certain people with GM
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

widowmaker wrote:This new version is pretty good except it has a couple bugs to be worked out.
1. it has the problem with GM that it had in 1.7g2 where you blow your self up with this flag
2. you can't hit certain people with GM
I haven't experienced 1. Of course, i never experienced it in 1.7g2 either, so maybe it is an OS specific bug.

as for number 2, yes, something other than missile distance has changed. Whether this is some ancillary effect brought upon by slower fps or lag/loss of lag in client messaging, I can not say, but GM is not as deadly as before, and it has nothing to do with distance. :(

(another possiblity is the server)

would be nice to quantify this, any good ideas?
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by Chestal »

Grumbler wrote:as for number 2, yes, something other than missile distance has changed. Whether this is some ancillary effect brought upon by slower fps or lag/loss of lag in client messaging, I can not say, but GM is not as deadly as before, and it has nothing to do with distance.
Yes, there was a GM bug. It's already fixed in current code, but all players will have to update to make it go away under all circumstances.
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

Ok, thanks Chestal! I really appreciate all the hard work of the devs!
Trogdor the Burninator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Trogdor the Burninator »

So should the 1.10.0 - 1 release fix the "GM blow yourself up" bug? I personally haven't had it happen, but some of the guys that I play with at work have it happen all the time.
...a beefy armed, wingaling dragon...
www.homestarrunner.com
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

no 1.10.0 -1 is ust a rebuild of te installer. The next posted one would be 1.10.1 -0, or 1.10.2 -0 It has not been made yet as far as I know.
ImageJeffM