Shirts and Hoodies

Important stuff goes here.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Shirts and Hoodies

Post by JeffM »

So... workload willing I plan on having the new store site up sometime this week. Once I do it will be ready to take pre-orders for the next run of hoodies.

So yes this means that soon will be your time to get one.

As always I won't be keeping the hoodies in stock (they are very expensive to make and the funds just aren't there to float a stock of them).

I don't have final prices yet but expect them to cost at least 35$ for a pullover hoodie and more for a zip up ( yes I'll have zip up as an option ).

The design will be the "classic" logo of our first run with a few minor tweaks. A number of color options will be available including at the least, Black, Green and Navy Blue.

We will also be doing more shirts in this design I just haven't decided on the color for them yet ( it won't be the gray or navy we did before, maybe green, maroon, or black ).
ImageJeffM
joevano
General
General

Re: Shirts and Hoodies

Post by joevano »

Here are some more pics of the hoodies in the wild... http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... ie#p122743
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
wassup
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wassup »

I'd just like to throw this out there, one of our good family friends is in the fashion industry, she might be able to help us get some good prices.

I don't want to just ask her without any consideration from the community.

Could be an option for needing less funds that you said just weren't there.
73% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Think about it.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

It's a nice idea but we buy so few items that it's hard to get any kind of discount. Most places want you to order hundreds of items to get any kind of break. Also it's harder to get printing done on garments that you don't buy from the printing place (as in the place I use doesn't accept them).

If they aren't specifically a silk-screening company then it may be more trouble then it's worth to save a few bucks. If they are just a garment distributor then the cost of getting items shipped from them to a printer then shipped to me would probably eat all the savings ( hoodies are not light ;) )
ImageJeffM
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

How much do you reckon shipping to the UK will be, JeffM?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Looks like about 13$US for me to ship up to a "small" box to there. I can fit a hoodie and a few shirts in the box, or like 5- 6 shirts.

I still have to double check but I believe that price is the same for all of Europe.
ImageJeffM
Jacko H
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jacko H »

Where does all the profits go to?
Jacko Productions:
World War III, Kill Or Die, Nazarath, Warlock Adrenaline, Rabbit Season, Firing Range (Just Be Simple), Death Island.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

To help buy the next round of shirts... and possibly help pay the costs of running the services we provide. It does not go to pay anyone. The project does not make enough money for that.
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Well it looks like I won't have the store ready by the end of this week. I should have it ready to take pre-orders by the first of the year.
ImageJeffM
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

The store is back online and accepting pre-orders for the next run of items.
http://store.awesomelaser.com/index.php

The pre-order period will go for about 2 weeks then the items will be made.
ImageJeffM
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

I would like to point out that I own the only BZFlag Polo that is "Sold Out" and I still wear it regularly and it still looks good! My hoddie is still in great shape as well. These are quality products.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Pre-orders will end on monday the 24th.
ImageJeffM
pastorT
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pastorT »

Any idea when the next run will take place?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the next run has shipped from the factory and will be available soon.
ImageJeffM
Imperial_Flashness
Private
Private

Post by Imperial_Flashness »

Definitely need more stock. T- Shirts need to be in a variety of colors, so do hoodies. What about white dress shirts with the logo on the left pocket? Not everybody who plays bzflag is a young punk. There are some of us professional grade people who would love a nice business shirt with the bzflag logo.I thought our bzflag community was over 1000 strong. Times are ripe for good pricing on clothing articles and silk screening. How do you read the market for bzflag products? You know cups, umbrellas, tennis shoes, cargo pants, etc. I'm sure we can make this a big time thing. Oh yeah, and make some money in the process.
His Imperial Flashness
Dr. Rod Donovan
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

I have a stock of new shirts I have to put up but it will be a bit as I deal with some personal tragedy.

The paying part of the bzflag community is very small. As part of the pre-order for this shirt run I had a page where people could order a shirt in any color and nobody did.

We did do some polo shirts. They were nice and I would like to do some again, but we'll have to see. The sales rates are usually less then 4 items a month so it's hard to sink a bunch of money into getting a large stock that won't sell out for several years. Most items have minimum orders, and when sizes are involved having sizes in a lot of colors means having several thousand dollars in stock just sitting around not being sold.

As for pricing, the cost of cotton has gone up drastically for the past years so the times are NOT ripe at all for clothing. For cups and other things, the problem is knowing that you'll sell maybe 4-5 of them when you first put them up but then sit on the other 20 in the order for over 2 years.

Basically the majority is the younger players with out discretionary income, and even in a community over 1000 strong you don't get more then 1-2% of them buying anything.
ImageJeffM
oneonme
Private
Private

Post by oneonme »

Hi there, I want to collect my hoody in my size still available :book:
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

There have not been hoodies for nearly a year now.
ImageJeffM
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

joevano wrote:Here are some more pics of the hoodies in the wild... http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... ie#p122743
That looks really cool!
mochawarrior
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mochawarrior »

Thats all cool and stuff but how do you get one (cause I want one)? because the link (http://store.awesomelaser.com/index.php) that JeffM gave me didn't work it was an error. Because I show my friends about bzflag but I have to go up to them so it would be cool for me to ware that and show it off, then they could come up to me if they are interested.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

That's because this thread is from 2010 and long over....

There are a few shirts left at http://awesomelaserstore.bigcartel.com/
ImageJeffM
mochawarrior
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mochawarrior »

are there any shot sleves?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

as you can see from the picture, they are all short sleeved T shirts.
ImageJeffM