BZFlag Websites and Services Migration

Important stuff goes here.
blast
General
General

BZFlag Websites and Services Migration

Post by blast »

I will be migrating the BZFlag websites and services to a new server this weekend. This will include the list server, forums, main site, and images. The current server is a low specification VPS that has had some stability issues. The new server will be a VM on a shiny new dedicated server that I control. During the migration (and after, if I forget to set something up right ;)), there might be a small amount of service disruption.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Justa_Rookie
Private
Private

Re: BZFlag Websites and Services Migration

Post by Justa_Rookie »

Thank you for maintaining the system. I look forward to seeing it back up and in it's glory. :)
KlickmichOrg
Private
Private

Post by KlickmichOrg »

How is the migration going on? I currently can only find one server when searching.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The migration was completed yesterday. As far as 2.4 servers go, there are 125 servers reporting to the new list, and 19 still reporting to the old list (and those 19 probably need to be restarted to get the new IP for the list). If you're using BZFlag 2.0.x, then all of servers have to be restarted to get the new IP, and I only see one that has been restarted since the changeover. Easy solution there is to upgrade to BZFlag 2.4. So everything on my end is done and working.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

KlickmichOrg
Private
Private

Post by KlickmichOrg »

Thank you for the fast answer, I found and installed 2.4 package (Ubuntu), now it works.