BZFlag SourceForge Project Upgrade - URL Change

Important stuff goes here.
blast
General
General

BZFlag SourceForge Project Upgrade - URL Change

Post by blast »

We upgraded our SouceForge project to their new platform. This changes some aspects of how our project hosting works, including the URL for our Subversion repository. The new Subversion/SVN URL will be as follows:

Read-Only Access: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/bzflag/code/trunk/bzflag
Developer HTTPS: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bzflag/code/trunk/bzflag
Developer SVN+SSH: svn+ssh://svn.code.sf.net/p/bzflag/code/trunk/bzflag

Normal users should use the Read-Only Access URL. Project developers can use either of the other URLs.

For information about how to change the URL of already checked out repositories is at the following page:
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/communi ... e-new-repo
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

alezakos
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZFlag SourceForge Project Upgrade - URL Change

Post by alezakos »

Please note that if you aren't a developer, you can upgrade your already checked-out repository by running:

Code: Select all

curl https://bitbucket.org/kongr45gpen/bzflag-repo-migrate/raw/tip/relocate.sh | sh
or even shorter:

Code: Select all

curl -L bit.ly/ZGxvpl | sh
mr64bit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mr64bit »

May I ask why this was done? I'm not complaining or anything. I'm enough of a programmer to wonder "why", but not enough of one to have the slightest idea "why".
---mr64bit
alezakos
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alezakos »

The sourceforge project upgrade was about to automatically happen on every SF project, at a random point of time. So, instead of migrating randomly and having to face the consequences, we decided to manually upgrade to the new platform, after having analysed any possible issues that might occur, such as the malfunction of the post-commit hooks.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Sourceforge has been working on their new "platform" called Allura for some time (which is also an open-source project). They've given projects the opportunity to upgrade from their old platform to the new one for some time. We were holding off while some of the bugs got worked out, and as alezakos mentioned, we had to check into some issues. Sourceforge wanted everyone to upgrade their project by the end of Q1 2013. They actually started nagging us after every commit by sending an error back.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)